Movie Fight Scenes Draft

It’s really interesting how many fight scenes there actually are. Free agency will be fun.

1 Like

This next scene is the coolest intro to all old school Kung Fu films and arguably any film.

All the magic of Saturday morning Kung Fu films coooked up and ready for your veins.

The fighting, though performative, is impressive. It’s a cut above what you see in a lot of the genre. The music is amazing. The whole thing is almost psychedelic.

Did I mention this scene most represents what inspired arguably the greatest hip hop group of all time?

4 Likes

Will try to get this next one in before I crash.

I didn’t intend to capitalize godfather. The robots did it.

How many rounds are there? I thought it was 6.

You have 2 picks left. Just in case that affects your selection.

1 Like

It does not. I already posted Endgame, the godfather of superhero movies.

For my 5th round pick I’m going technical.

This scene was riveting the first time I saw it. I don’t know much about fighting but this felt very realistic.

It’s paced really well. The sound design is really tight. Just a really good action sequence.

Bourne can’t die but I still was uneasy.

8 Likes

@RiskyFlush ur up

1 Like

They’re not even trying to hurt each other aside from the sword fighting though

God I have such a love-hate opinion with the Bourne series. The sheer number of cuts in this fight is really disorienting and takes away from what appears to be a quality fight scene.

1 Like

I never finished another Bourne movie once Greengrass started directing them. The camera is having a violent seizure in every scene and I just can’t do it.

3 Likes

Gonna pile on to that last Bourne fight scene. Editing makes it hard to watch. This scene felt like the peak of that quick-cut style of action fight scenes–it went too far and movies backed off a bit.

3 Likes

Only an uncultured heathen would go against the Wu Tang.

As for the Bourne scene, no worries about “piling on.” Winning an Oscar was pile enough.

I’ll stick up for FunCrusher, loved both those last picks.

The Bourne fight is definitely peak shaky camera, fast editing style, but it’s one of the rare examples that actually works. Lots of the time that style makes it hard to know who’s doing what to who and why, which is a big mistake in action scenes, but that’s never the case there.1 I think they keep a good balance between the style replicating the disorientating nature of a brutal fight, while still actually letting you see the brutal fight. I loved it at the time and it still seemed great just then.

1 - Apart from the start where they’re deliberately making it unclear who’s in the same building / room for tension.

PS I would have joined this if I wasn’t on holiday all last week, enjoying following. I would have just picked Jackie Chan scenes, probably.

5 Likes

I like the Bourne fight, although I would have gone with a different fight from the series.

The Wu Tang scene was cool (never scene it before so thanks for that), but I’m not sure I’d call it fighting, more like a well choregraphed dance battle.

Round 5: Sarah Connor vs the T-1000

Part of why Terminator 2 felt SO DAMN SATISFYING is because it bookends so many pieces of the first movie.

After two movies and over a decade facing off against Skynet, Sarah Connor enters her final confrontation. Look at the mirrored elements to the finale of the prior film. Trapped in a factory, Sarah once hobbled away from the terminator.

Now she rushes to confront it in order to save her son and our future. She nearly succeeds in defeating the T-1000—one more shell would have done it—but the gun runs on empty. I half expected her to turn herself into a weapon, charge the T-1000, and drag it into the molten liquid with her.

Instead, the T-800 emerges. He’s damaged, missing limbs, his humanity stripped from him—similar to the finale in the first movie, when the cyborg pressed relentlessly forward until only Sarah was left to stop it. Only now, the two work together to stop Skynet.

I really do love the theatrical ending that leaves things kind of open—who knows if Judgment Day was truly averted? They’d better stay ready.

But after seeing how much any further sequels suck, I do sort-of wish they’d stuck with the original ending. It had Sarah at the playground—the one her nightmares previously showed her screaming at while a nuclear blast hurled toward her—and her son John, now a Senator, is seen playing with a family of his own.

There are a couple of screamer quotes in here.

First, LOL

1997 came and went. Nothing much happened. Michael Jackson turned 40.

Second, LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

John fights the war differently than it was foretold. Here on the battlefield of the Senate, his weapons are common sense and hope.

8 Likes

Fight Draft Pick Chart

2 Likes

Sorry @tabbaker did not ping you

I wouldn’t even consider this scene a fight scene. More killing scene than that. Other than survive for a minute longer than expected, what did the T-1000 do here?

It’s a great scene without a doubt. But where’s the actual fight?

1 Like

First I can’t post a classic argument from Devil Wears Prada at #1, now I can’t pick a gunfight between a human and a liquid metal cyborg?!

3 Likes

His gun is on the floor.

Obviously, there was more back-and-forth earlier in the movie. But here it’s just one person getting shot multiple times.

It’s a great and iconic scene no doubt. But I don’t see the fight in that video.