Movie Fight Scenes Draft

I remain confident in your approval of my next pick. Never say die!

1 Like

Wat

1 Like

Round 1 Pick 3

There is no doubt sword fights are the most badass of all fights. The mastery of the blade leads to beautiful choreography and results in a lot of blood and gore. Why do we love blood and gore? BECAUSE IT’S FUN JAN!

There’s so much violence in this scene it had to be mostly in black and white to keep an R rating. The switch from B&W to lights out is visually stunning. The crazy martial arts flips add another level. Did I mention how many people she’s fighting at once?

This is all done by a single strong woman seeking revenge on those that wronged her. If you don’t support this as the best fight you’re a misogynist.

11 Likes

@Nicholasp27 is on the clock

I :heart_decoration: Kill Bill so much; good pick

There are certain scenes that are obvious and super famous and “value” here but I’m gonna go with one of my favorites that I’d be disappointed if I didn’t get.

Both fighters deserve a Sportsmanship award
Both are top sword fighters who studied for years
Both can banter while fighting at a high level
And both can fight well with their left hand

5 Likes

@superuberbob is up

Would have been my fourth round pick. Happy to have been sniped.

I like how both Kill Bill and Oldboy have that one miniboss that is causing the protagonist the most trouble.

1 Like

I don’t wanna join this draft, because I probably won’t keep up with drafting on time… but I’ll make a 5 point list of my favorite undrafteds after this is done

yep, that’s where I stand as well…

With the 5th overall pick, team superuberbob selects

This Hong Kong film is based on the life of Wing Chun inventor Ip Man. Ip Man, played by martial arts legend Donnie Yen, has just watched his karate master get gunned down by a colonel of the Imperial Japanese Army. When it is his turn to fight for a bag of rice, he wants to get revenge. He does so by demanding that ten black belt karateka fight him.

Many HK fight scenes have a level of absurdity that it’s basically dancing more than fighting. While there’s nothing unentertaining about it and some future picks (including my own) will have that, it can leave them a bit detached from reality especially if they’re on wires. But this isn’t about fancy swordplay or dance numbers. This is about sheer brutality and violence in the name of revenge. Here, you can almost feel every punch as it’s being thrown by Ip Man.

Next up is @JonnyA and followed by @Twist

8 Likes

Pick review so far

1. Oh Dae-su vs. Gang

1. The Fifth Element thing

1. Beatrix Kiddo vs. Crazy 88

1. Inigo Montoya vs. Dread Pirate Roberts

4 Likes

just watched this movie last year and its great, good pick

1 Like

With the 6th pick, I’ll take what I had third on my big board (mostly because I’d never seen two of the prior picks before).

The best fight from a move full of amazing fights. It’s well shot with fast paced fighting and solid acting. Also has a bit of drama and moves the story along as well.

After watching this there is only one thing to ask:

8 Likes

2 Likes

Round 1, pick 7:

So far everything’s been up close and personal so I reckon it’s high time someone rolled out some epic war. To wit I present the greatest battle sequence yet produced:

ShotToRemember16PrivateRyan

Everything in this scene is incredible. The scope of the vision, the attention to detail, the pacing of the incessant, horrific, spellbinding action - just phenomenal set piece direction that pulls you in and drags your awestruck ass up the beach along with them.

The fact he finds time to weave into this cacophony small individual Wilfred Owen like moments that give you insight into the characters; the collecting sand, the armless man, the “let them burn”, takes this from gory, brutal spectacle to not just one of the most affecting fight sequences ever made but one of the finest directorial moments full stop.

6 Likes

Is it my go again?

So is the rule for this draft that once a scene from a movie is taken off the board, that whole movie is gone?

Or are we allowed to say HOORAY and pick a different fight from the same movie?

I lean toward the former despite the angling I could get out of the second.

I lean towards the second for the bickering

2 Likes