Movie Fight Scenes Draft

Possible. Perhaps I might value things higher than others though.

It’s all subjective in the end I suppose

That was next on my board. Was debating which was more likely to fall to me in the second round. Was hoping people would keep passing on battle scenes.

edit: probably not going to be able to do my next pick till this evening after work.

1 Like

Three of my fop five fight scenes went (including one I took) in the first round.

1. Oldboy
  2. Ip Man
    5 Saving Private Ryan

One of the remaining I expect to go in the second round as I’ll take it if no one else does and the other I think will flow under the radar until my final pick.

ETA: Numbered lists suck when you have to skip numbers

Bill, please refrain from mentioning what you would have picked until after the draft.

Nice! Okay then my board still has a shot. Minus the Kill Bill scene :sob:

1 Like

Round 2, pick 1:

6c74791cb97efeb588b35698140b2791--house-of-flying-daggers-zhang-ziyi

House of Flying Daggers - Dance, drums and swords.

Just a supremely well crafted scene where every aspect of film making from the tailoring to the choreography really shines. It’s obviously very theatrical and won’t win any prizes for brutality or kill count but in my opinion its elegance elevates a simple sword fight into a work of art.

Zhang Ziyi is obviously very beautiful, which helps, but it’s the overall design of the thing and the way it all effortlessly flows from one moment to the next that makes this easily my favourite set piece sword fight.

Sadly I only found a dubbed version on Youtube but ah well.

edit: Oh yeah - @JonnyA up next with another banging pick.

4 Likes

The only thing that kept this as a mid-round pick on my list is that most of it is not technically fighting. Otherwise, it’s really kick ass.

3 Likes

Fight Draft Pick Chart

2 Likes

Literally the second person to grunch this same scene as well, wtf?? I’ll need to settle down and find some time to watch these as I’m familiar with but haven’t seen a lot of these movies. Feels like a couple people played themselves in the first round, like the Giants taking Daniel Jones 6th. He would’ve been there at 16!

It’s tough!!! Do you take what you think is the best? Or do you make your picks based on whether you think some dummy will snipe you?!

1 Like

Thumbs up on the Saving Private Ryan pick

Best war movie ever by a comfortable margin imo

Just to clarify, I took Gladiator vs. Tigris. “Are You Not Entertained” comes from a different fight, which I guess is still Undrafted.

2 Likes

It should have been the first pick since it’s based on an actual event.

Fixed :+1:

To SUBs point I don’t even like action movies so the odds of me watching foreign ones are even less than USA#146

If you’re not big on martial arts, then there are still plenty to choose from. But you would be missing out on some amazing fights.

Perhaps you’ll be able to see them during this draft :slight_smile:

Does everyone work in an office again?? These picks aren’t gonna make themselves.

tumblr_ous8gdw19h1vnq1cro2_540

3 Likes

I’m going to sleep. So if Jonny goes, you’ll have to wait a bit.

You are welcome to proxy your pick to me if you like.

risky is gonna be like, your next pic is

JubilantHonorableDrongo-size_restricted

5 Likes