Movie Fight Scenes Draft

Oof :cold_sweat:

It deserves to be in it just way too high. Ted Ginn, if you will.

Beatrix v. 88 possibly the GOAT

2 Likes

I only recently learned that the space pirates from The Force Awakens are played by the cast of The Raid as a cameo.

(I feel like this is reasonably on-topic)

3 Likes

I remain undeterred. Onward to the next GOAT pick.

1 Like

“Your men are already dead.”

For my second round pick, I select the opening scene from The Matrix: “Trinity vs the Agents”

A groundbreaking fight scene in a groundbreaking movie. This is the scene that told the audience they were in for something they’d never seen before. The choreography is stunning and innovative and singularly primes you for the later bullet-time scene that inspired copycats for decades to come.

Just look at this kick!!!

BigheartedCriminalDachshund-size_restricted

The directors had long been admirers of Hong Kong action cinema, so they decided to hire the Chinese martial arts choreographer and film director Yuen Woo-ping to work on fight scenes. To prepare for the wire fu, the actors had to train hard for several months.

Yuen let their body style develop and then worked with each actor’s strength. He built on Reeves’s diligence, Fishburne’s resilience, Weaving’s precision, and Moss’s feminine grace. Yuen designed Moss’s moves to suit her deftness and lightness.

11 Likes

Probably not the scene I would have gone with but I understand the context helps it greatly

3 Likes

I give this one a

not because the scene is bad (it isn’t) but it isn’t even the best fight in that movie let alone the entire trilogy.

Yuen Woo-ping is GOAT though.

Fight Draft Pick Chart

2 Likes

@FuncrusherPlus in case you did not know, time for you to tap in

Obv we’re not going to mention undrafteds before the draft is over, but if you don’t pick anything from the other two movies, let’s come back to this one after the draft. What a claim :P

You can pick multiple fights from films if you want. I actually made that clear earlier.

As for the other two, most are at best meh (a couple are cartoonishly bad) while there are a couple of good ones in there.

1 Like

For sure, you may yet pick another fight from the first movie. Though you may wisely come to realize there really is no better fight scene from any of the current three Matrix movies!

For those people like me that never actually read the OP

Thanks…I will revise my picks, but 5 and 6 were both going to be from The Story of Us, so I need to rethink things.

(not serious but could have been!!)

Ok screw it I’m going for a mega reach but my reasoning is correct

Round 2 Pick

Now you might be thinking, tabbaker this movie was terrible what a dumb pick. The movie was terrible but this fight has two things going for it that every other pick will be lacking.

1. Darth Maul

The man is the definition of badass. That face paint and the horns might be the perfect villain costume. ALSO HE HAS A TWO SIDED LIGHTSABER WTF. The lightsaber was already one of the greatest weapons in cinema history and my man Maul says yeah lightsabers are cool but you know what’s even cooler? Two lightsabers combined. GOAT

1. Duel of the Fates

Put this on full blast and tell me you don’t have goosebumps. This might the greatest musical composition of all time behind Friday Remix. My pick has John Williams does yours? Didn’t think so.

6 Likes

tenor (16)

giphy

1 Like

1 Like

Movie weapon draft might be a fun idea after

1 Like

Lucas killing off Darth Maul is all the proof you need that he planned on making Jar Jar Binks a sith.

3 Likes