Movie Fight Scenes Draft

Excellent pick! Make sure to @ whoever is on the list after you.

Which is me, so no worries this time.

1 Like

Have to suspect that “The One” is formatted to send a certain hint. ;)

2 Likes

Must be why the writers gave me the first pick.

1 Like

There are some hidden gems that’ll pop up but some scenes are so brilliant that I can’t see them getting past the first round unless y’all haven’t heard of the movies.

This draft was a really awesome idea. I don’t have the idea bank on this one that you do but more are popping into my mind as we discuss.

2 Likes

If you want a supreme fight, you need a Supreme Being.

tumblr_cd15f8b245b804d9b9b6c685cd84e0a7_a2bb69aa_500

This scene is ELITE. The music is great, Leeloo’s multi-pass lets her kick ass whenever and wherever, and did I mention there’s a blue alien singing techno-opera?

For the second but overall #1 pick of the draft, Team Frisky takes Leeloo Fights the Mangalores from The Fifth Element.

3 Likes

Lol if a single person picks a Jet Li movie

before me

@tabbaker light it up

Yeah this is a facemelter

It’s honestly pretty terrible action wise imo. It’s short, involves next to no effort by the enemy and little athleticism beyond the excessive flipping from the character. It was boring to me.

The music is okay though it diverts rather than adds to the fight. It neither creates excitement nor adds suspense. It isn’t even in step with the action. Seems like the director thought, “It’d be cool if there was opera” and then did it without further thought.

Sorry for shitting on the pick so much. I’m just stunned that it was picked

FdsYR00

3 Likes

tumblr_n07a9vSHGN1s809ido6_250

I remain confident in your approval of my next pick. Never say die!

1 Like

Wat

1 Like

Round 1 Pick 3

There is no doubt sword fights are the most badass of all fights. The mastery of the blade leads to beautiful choreography and results in a lot of blood and gore. Why do we love blood and gore? BECAUSE IT’S FUN JAN!

There’s so much violence in this scene it had to be mostly in black and white to keep an R rating. The switch from B&W to lights out is visually stunning. The crazy martial arts flips add another level. Did I mention how many people she’s fighting at once?

This is all done by a single strong woman seeking revenge on those that wronged her. If you don’t support this as the best fight you’re a misogynist.

11 Likes

@Nicholasp27 is on the clock

I :heart_decoration: Kill Bill so much; good pick

There are certain scenes that are obvious and super famous and “value” here but I’m gonna go with one of my favorites that I’d be disappointed if I didn’t get.

Both fighters deserve a Sportsmanship award
Both are top sword fighters who studied for years
Both can banter while fighting at a high level
And both can fight well with their left hand

5 Likes

@superuberbob is up

Would have been my fourth round pick. Happy to have been sniped.

I like how both Kill Bill and Oldboy have that one miniboss that is causing the protagonist the most trouble.

1 Like