Movie Fight Scenes Draft

I wanted to add I get this take honestly.

It wasn’t on my of list but I think I had Topshots brain when I made the pick.

Still some blue chippers sitting around.

Don’t listen them these people clearly don’t know anything about anything

He is kind of tempting me to take unprecedented poetic license.

To me a good fight scene also needs to have a decent set-up/payoff plot wise. It also needs to be an exciting scene by itself, but I think what makes it great to me is if the fight has meaning. Vader/Luke may not be an amazing duel, but to me the context and historical significance makes it indisputably an epic fight scene.

On the other hand the Darth Maul fight would never make a top list for me based on how terrible and meaningless every scene in those movies are.

1 Like

Yeah being relevant to the plot/payoff is a factor but to me it isn’t always a huge one. If a fight scene isn’t good, it’s relevance to the plot doesn’t change it. However, I might use it as a tiebreaker between two really good scenes.

The baddest bitch has come to take out the Queen.

For my third round pick, I select Aliens: Ripley vs the Xenomorph Queen

No one else has ever gotten so close to a xenomorph and survived, but Ripley (with the aid of an exoskeleton P-5000 Powered Work Loader) basically provokes the thing into a fistfight AND WINS. This scene leaves you on the edge of your seat shouting OORAH.

6 Likes

@tabbaker I believe it’s to you

Can someone explain or show me the draft order.

This is a fight scene draft not a fight draft SUB

2?

This a great scene. Nail biter supreme.

1 Like

It’s hard to evaluate fight scenes in the 70s and 80s by the standards of what can be done today.

Only 3 of my top 20 fight scenes are from films released before 2000.

Compared to other movies of its time, Alien gets hellyeah.jpg. For youngins like me, it’s

1 Like

Somebody should have had a double pick before I was up again

Yeah I think the 1 goes double there.

I feel attacked.

Isn’t the whole draft thing about petty bickering?

If we’re not discussing picks, what are we doing?

3 Likes

Just need a couple mins.

Looking forward to some anime picks. Realizing that mine are almost all in series.

2 Likes

Yeah gotta be careful there. Lotta good ones on TV series.

Can we edit the OP to add a link to the list tracking picks (and also get that list updated)? No rush on either, but would make it a bit easier to track.

I’ll edit the current chart into the OP if Bob agrees to say nothing but praise for Aliens

1 Like

I linked to it in the OP

2 Likes