Movie Fight Scenes Draft

Can someone explain or show me the draft order.

This is a fight scene draft not a fight draft SUB

2?

This a great scene. Nail biter supreme.

1 Like

It’s hard to evaluate fight scenes in the 70s and 80s by the standards of what can be done today.

Only 3 of my top 20 fight scenes are from films released before 2000.

Compared to other movies of its time, Alien gets hellyeah.jpg. For youngins like me, it’s

1 Like

Somebody should have had a double pick before I was up again

Yeah I think the 1 goes double there.

I feel attacked.

Isn’t the whole draft thing about petty bickering?

If we’re not discussing picks, what are we doing?

3 Likes

Just need a couple mins.

Looking forward to some anime picks. Realizing that mine are almost all in series.

2 Likes

Yeah gotta be careful there. Lotta good ones on TV series.

Can we edit the OP to add a link to the list tracking picks (and also get that list updated)? No rush on either, but would make it a bit easier to track.

I’ll edit the current chart into the OP if Bob agrees to say nothing but praise for Aliens

1 Like

I linked to it in the OP

2 Likes

This is a warmish take as I haven’t watched Raging Bull in years, but imo for a fight scene involving a real life sport I find it ridiculously OTT. No one would survive the pummelling De Niro takes, and anyway the referee would have stopped it after just a few of those blows. It’s a great scene DGMW, but I wish there was just one boxing film out there that could try to depict a fight somewhat realistically.

2 Likes

Straight up refusing to say nice things about Aliens :open_mouth:

1 Like

Fights were different back then. There wasn’t even a mandatory eight count. Fighters would just stand above their opponents waiting for them to get up before continuing to batter them.

Fighters fought more often and refs were less inclined to stop fights as opposed to now.

For my 3rd rd pick:

This scene breaks me down every time I see it.

I understand some of the problems with it. I still find it very moving.

Humans dying for a good cause.

The musical crescendo tease before they run into the cannons is a statement on war itself.

To tie back to the 2 previous picks Broderick’s final charge is reminiscent of Vader striking down Obi-Wan.

When Denzel grabs the flag I can just taste the bloodlust.

Gonna use this for motivation when defending the UP compound in a few years.

6 Likes

It’s obviously embellished, but LaMotta did take a huge beating in the actual fight. He wasn’t defending himself for most of the 13th round and the ref waited a very long time before stopping it. I’m assuming if this fight happened today, ref would have stopped if the first time LaMotta was getting pummeled on the ropes rather than just separating them.

3 Likes

What’s with everyone mentioning undrafteds? I thought that was frowned upon, if not forbidden.

I think some people are trying to turn the thread into someone’s next pick