Log of Key Moderator Actions

Marty banned til next week for personal attacks

Churchill and gimmick suspended 11 days on top of the self-requested ban for anit-vax bullshit in the covid thread.

6ix suspended until Monday for a personal attack

7 Likes

Marty suspended for a week for multiple personal attacks.

3 Likes

Jesus suspended.

This gimmick has potential, but is so far just tangential references to forum drama.

Only a temp. Jesus can come back in…

3 days.

24 Likes

Kerowo temp ban for 1 day for deliberately fanning the flames after being asked respectfully not to.

2 Likes

Created a new thread for bickering in BBV. Moved a bunch of stuff there from the moderation vote thread. Future backward looking derail dramas are likely to end up there too.

10 Likes

Permanently banned @jmakin by his request in About Moderation.

1 Like

Smrk banned for 4 weeks for doubling and trippling down on the racism.

Edit. Reduced to 2 weeks based on feedback.

1 Like

Churchill banned for a week for trolling the covid thread again.

3 Likes

Watevs banned for two weeks for an unprovoked and unnecessary personal attack. Have your opinions dude. Just dont be a dick with it.

Permanently banned @AccountChocula because it was an alt created to post while banned.

2 Likes

@j8i3h289dn3x7 banned until tomorrow for continued bickering in the About Moderation thread.

David Sklansky perma banned. Theres a thread about it.

Edit. Updated to two weeks while the thread plays out.

2 Likes

Per the vote on bans, @j8i3h289dn3x7’s ban reduced to 2 weeks. @jman220reading silenced instead of banned.

1 Like

d2e4 given a two week ban pending a permaban, at his request.

I’m giving Jbro a day off. I was really hoping to make it further without banning anyone so I’ll explain this in semi-depth.

1. I had very recently given a warning in the same thread, and I think it’s important not to be toothless.
  2. The severity of personal attack levied (supporting the murder of black children) is the type of thing that I don’t want imbedded in any user’s internet search chain. Please feel free to alert me if you have concerns about anything similar happening to you.
  3. The ban is intentionally short because I think Jbro is heated but not a bad poster. I’m following through because of reasons #1 and #2 but I welcome him back tomorrow.
  4. I don’t think I know enough about CN to be particularly biased for or against him, but I promise to keep an eye out for unconscious bias and won’t hesitate to give him a similar judgment in a similar future case.
  5. I could be wrong about this ban! I’m not perfect! I’m making a qualitative judgment call about where to draw the line in support of community. But again, there’s a reason why it’s a one-day ban. This won’t irreparably harm anyone.
9 Likes

Churchill silenced for 2 days for trolling the COVID thread.

ETA: Specifically for bringing up an already refuted study

@Vict0ar given a 4 hour timeout. Intended to take the heat out of the room a little.

This is in response the run of posts in the covid thread that just got moved to french BBV.

All-InFlynn suspended for a day for a personal attack.

1 Like