META: About Unstuck splintering into SPE

How could there be? All of these sites are the same–it’s is just a small group of people chatting on the internet.

Maybe the SPE folks coming back to make UP more intolerable, like CN is doing here, is a plan to drive up SPE traffic or something, but it’s still fundamentally the same site.

1 Like

I mean the threads are almost word-for-word the same.

1 Like

yeah but one of them has like 90% fewer shitheads

5 Likes

Sorry for this severely out-of-it post, but what is SPE? Is there a background thread I should read?

Strongly recommend you sign up there - it’s really great.

All your faves are there - cuse, goofy baller, ikes, wookie, Jman. What more could you want?

2 Likes

Joined up. Thanks!

3 Likes

Actual moderation of any petty feuds that happen to pop up, and no premise of anarchy where any neerdowells can whine about having their ownership stakes revoked after being rightly banned for being a jerk.

3 Likes

Splinter off. Your lies are there for everyone to see:

1 Like

The SPE crew bring their petty feuds here in an attempt to make UP worse and drive traffic over there. Very honorable stuff. See wookie, for example. “Neerdowells” “whining” after being “rightfully banned” for months for things like not agreeing to condemn some else’s words.

3 Likes

ikes and wookie are clearly doing this on purpose, but what i don’t know for sure is if they see it as:

a) revenge for captains actions. since they think captain did this to them (aka - wookie) then they must do it to others as a form a retaliation even though they wholeheartedly believe their behavior is actually wrong

(see for example ikes claiming that he believes banning someone for his actions on another platform is wrong. but the forum he is actively promoting doing the same in larger volume is not debatable)

b) they never actually thought constantly complaining about moderation is wrong, they just thought complaining about them is wrong.

both options make them petty and morally corrupted. just unsure which one it is.

5 Likes

If that’s their goal, the best revenge would be to create the content they wish was over there and post it over here.

CommonWealth still has mod powers here. This is you saying CW is now doing a bad job moderating here because he isn’t actually modding anything. Is he not actually modding here like he was so that you can come in and complain about “no actual moderation” in order to drive posters to SPE?

What a right wing cesspit UP has turned into.

Not the first time that @smrk4 has posted anti-Semitism at people he knows are Jewish.

1 Like

Cuse becoming Henry VIII was something we should have spotted a long time ago.

@spidercrab @JonnyA whoever is responsible for this place atm, I would ask that these defamatory statements and insinuations be taken down and that users who traffic in such whole cloth smearing be at the least strongly encouraged to desist. This is garbage.

1 Like

What was the first time?

I think it’s officially time for everyone’s favorite acronym - TTHRIC.

Moderations complaints should be discussed in the AM thread (or not at all).
Everyone are probably well aware of the site in the thread’s title. Don’t think there’s any reasonable reason to let it keep being promoted on this platform.

Lastly, on a personal note, i would greatly appreciate if my ethnicity and religion will play less of a role in replies to me, intentionally or not. Don’t really enjoy navigating through the Holocaust architect explaining what they should do after they kill all the Jews and being called a baby killer. Thanks in advance.

3 Likes