META: About Unstuck splintering into SPE

Moving posts from the SPE announcement thread to this one because the discussion is going to happen here no matter what and it should stay contained to a thread for the benefit of UP posters who aren’t interested in seeing it.

1 Like

Welcome to the community goofyballer!

3 Likes

So basically it’s Unstuck minus the About Moderation forum?

I mean you know it’s a matter of time before that shit gets to SPE given that most of your members are from here.

Sure seems like it would have been preferable to do that here rather than split the community yet again but :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This is weak. Ofc I haven’t read about moderation ever, but I know you have your reasons.

1 Like

I’m sure everyone feels the same way (including myself), but I’m not sure how you would get around the issue of this site being collectively governed with the pseudo-constitution it was established with. The options are to reform the governance structure here or to restart with a new structure. Ironically changing anything here is tough because we effectively removed the collectivity months ago.

2 Likes

It’s very easy, but also incredibly difficult. The easy part is you admit that the whole community ownership thing was a polite fiction and somebody takes charge. The difficult part is getting somebody to take charge, because there’s nothing in it for them except a bunch of assache and nobody wants that. The reason nobody has ever seized power here isn’t because it would be hard to do.

1 Like

Deja-vu all over again.

If the SPE can offer something that this forum doesn’t, I’d make the jump. UP worked because it offered what the PS section of 2p2 didn’t.

But SPE is pretty much a clone of UP both in design and content. Easier to stay here and ignore the drama than it is to split time between two forums.

6 Likes

One of the admins here hasn’t posted in almost 2 months, and the other (who pays the bills and swore he would be here even to the bitter end if it came to that) was one of the very first people to accept an advance invite SPE, create an account, and start posting. Whether it’s financial or technical, seems like there’s a pretty good chance this place won’t exist in the near future.

1 Like

Well we somehow have NomNom v Unstuck v Slowpony now

Something is going to have to give…

1 Like

Okay, what’s NomNom?

A totally welcome forum that’s invite only.

2 Likes

Well when it’s Unstuck that collapses, I hope everybody gets their money back.

1 Like

Well if nothing else this ongoing exodus from 2p2 has all been a fascinating social experiment. Someone should write a book.

1 Like

Yeah, it really has been. I wish there was a way I could understand what happened without reading all the moderation thread. But I don’t think there is and there is no what I’m doing that.

4 Likes

It seemed like an attempt to create a forum utopia.

And as we have seen from previous attempts at creating utopian societies, they fail miserably despite their good intentions.

1 Like

Scammer alert!

I thought things here were going swimmingly