Log of Key Moderator Actions

@jman220reading unsilenced because the account was never requested to be banned/silenced.

@d2_e4 Silenced a week for personal attack(s) rapidly after resurfacing. In particular, this one is for implying that another poster is a (insert banned word here).

I’m going to experiment with silencing rather than banning for a while. I think if we’re going to view this community as a valuable resource (which it is), then it’s worthwhile to consider how we can temporarily stop users from negatively impacting it while also allowing them to benefit from continued access.

12 Likes

@anon46488499 suspended two weeks following their request for a perma. I hope they change their mind, but will follow-through with a perma if they feel the same way in 14 days.

Churchill silenced for two weeks for trolling the COVID thread.

EDIT: Converted to 2 week temp ban pending perm by request.

1 Like

Jman and Jalfrezi both silenced for a week for personal attacks.

They’ve been warned on this specific topic before I believe. It’s the “ghetto blaster”/"locking up black kids"beef

7 Likes

Perm banned and anonymized Yadi by request after 2 week cooldown.

Jalfrezi silenced for a day for trolling the COVID thread

1 Like

LikeClockwork suspended two weeks by request.

Perma for antivax detector dog.

I dont see this account adding any value. Its primarily a mechanism for a personal attack.

Whether those attacks are valid is a separate question, but the attack should be made from their own account.

I recognize that theres supposed to be different rules for permas. Im taking what I think is a common sense view that gimmicks can be banned at a lower standard.

If there are strong views otherwise, happy to reconsider.

13 Likes

jalfrezi and churchill banned for a week for ongoing trolling of the COVID and bickering threads, specifically these posts:

10 Likes

Jbro banned for a week for clear escalation in the poker hands thread.

I don’t follow that thread so may be missing context. In particular, if there were posts by @clovis8 that were equally out of line, please flag and we will take a look.

2 Likes

Jbro silenced for 3 days after a personal attack and escalation after I issued a blanket warning to the thread.

3 Likes

Suspended Jbro for a week based on his advice. Verbal abuse to mods in PMs should be moderated to the same standards as if it were an open post on the forum.

7 Likes

Silenced Marty and Alex for ignoring the warning in the COVID thread until tomorrow.

3 Likes

I changed @Jalfrezi’s avatar so it wasn’t an oblique reference to past forum drama. Complaints go here.

2 Likes

Weird. Not sure of the timelines. But I thought I had done that about 4 hours earlier.

So. I guess… +1?

Jalfrezi banned for 2 weeks for his neverending trolling of other users.

December 2022 edit: It was specifically for these posts

18 Likes

Jbro banned until Monday morning for rehashing ancient grudges.

2 Likes

JohnnyTruant banned until Monday morning for rehashing ancient grudges.

churchill silenced for 2 weeks for ignoring moderator warnings in the COVID thread