RFC: Permaban Jmakin?

I don’t remember saying anything bad about you there - other people, sure. But w/e. I voted against your perma here. Good luck anyway.

I realized quickly I was not able to return due to this cycle of bullying and harassment so I’m literally taking my ball and doing my own thing.

much of this borders on outright slander/libel.

jal, dude, again I have no idea if you’re serious or not, it’s quite impossible to tell anymore, but I’m pretty sure you know what you wrote. I saw enough.

This is part of the problem IMO. You guys always try to push/hide this stuff under the rug like it didn’t happen, but it allows bad actors to come in and rewrite the history in a way that’s impossible to refute. I still can’t tell what the exact accusation against me is here other than what I have publicly written about already. even now I KNOW there’s probably multiple multiple PM threads blazing about this shit, because that’s how this shit’s always been.

I was even in one at one point - that’s how I knew how it went. Like, no one here is blameless and I am absolutely on no side here. Maybe commonwealth, idk.

So yea like I have absolutely no intention to stay here while this abusive behavior is not only tolerated, it is condoned, whereas anything I do is interpreted with the worst (and frankly absurd) possible intentions and meaning. I can tell when shit’s not right and this isn’t right.

if this RFC does not pass I am going to ask the current staff to take down any piece of content I have written here. The TOS says it is mine. I have fiercely fought for this as admin, including nuking 1 or 2 accounts at their request of people that I’m pretty sure are major detractors now. It’s quite hopeless and shitty feeling but whatever.

i got a lot of good content to put out, it’s not gonna be here.

also please btw stop fucking with the new user throttling, I’m running out of space for screen names.

This is just the standard new user limit, nothing is being fucked with.

Got a YT channel?

1 Like

That wasn‘t for you to decide.

6 Likes

A Modest Proposal

I know the official RFC procedure requires this thread to remain open for a week, then voting on precise wording, then another few days of voting on the precisely worded poll but I don’t see ~30 more votes coming in on the Yes side of the poll in this thread:

So maybe we should just jump ahead with working out the precise wording and have an admin throw the thread up. This isn’t to sweep anything under any rugs, it’s a suggestion to resolve the current situation quickly so it doesn’t drag itself on for weeks of infighting and negativity.

Or…

What if the moderator who originally banned jmakin by request just unbanned jmakin by his same request?

• Shut up otatop, respect the RFC system
  • Let’s vote on the official wording
  • Moderator(otatop) reverses ban
  • Bastard
0 voters

If jmakin hadn’t already been self banned, would you and the rest of the team permabanned him for what you permabanned his new account for?

‘Hey guys, Jmakin here and I’m about to do the Ice Bucket Challenge!’

1 Like

Probably but why not allow the community decide his fate instead.

I actually have a question about the wording of this proposal. AFAIK jmakin is currently banned, both for threats and for violation of the banned gimmick accounts rule. The question for RFC is whether that ban should be overturned. Accordingly, the question should be “Should jmakin be unbanned?” and 60% affirmative votes should be required for the proposal to succeed.

Jmakin is not currently permabanned. He is currently self-banned. This is an RFC to permanently ban him so 60 percent is required to permanently ban him.

Of course if you are advocating for a system where a moderator can permanently ban someone and have that decision upheld by a 40 percent vote, sounds like there would be some pushback to that, and also Churchill, who just “lost” a ban vote with over 50 percent in favor of the ban, would be permanently banned. The Sabo ban was upheld by a 60 percent vote, for example.

This is yet another example why this whole process is a joke and just goes in circles with constant reinterpretations.

These were posted by Wookie in the Sabo thread just yesterday, with the exact opposite position as starting point:

Team Ban doesn’t even know or follow its own rules consistently. Not only are the opposite takes above posted by two of the biggest AM participants in Team Ban just hours apart, just look at the current RFCs. All but one are standard open straw polls for 3 days, and one is a secret poll open for 6 days. Why did otatop make Sabo’s secret and longer? Who knows and who cares because the rules are all made up as you go.

If you all stopped trying to permaban regulars except for obvious violations of TOS, all this ridiculous, inconsistent, and controversial bullshit would be significantly reduced. You really think any of this constant voting on who stays and who goes is helping anything?

But you all love it as much as anyone or you wouldn’t be going in these circles over and over, and applying or making up the rules as convenient at the moment to get posters you don’t like. Then blame others for the inevitable and predictable ensuing drama that you gleefully participate in.

You are mistaken. Jmakin is permanently suspended under the banned gimmicks rule:

If a poster is banned via moderator action–either temporarily or permanently–any non-passive behavior made on another account will result in that account being permanently suspended. Non-passive behavior is defined as posting, voting in polls, and other actions determined to be hostile at the discretion of the moderators.

Any deviation from this rule requires an RFC, which is what you are proposing.

The poll ITT isn’t a 3 day poll, it has no closing date as far as I can tell. I made the Sabo poll secret and time limited so there can’t be accusations of it being closed when it became a favorable result for one side or the other. It’s open for a week, anyone who wants to vote in it can, and next Friday we’ll know the results.

1 Like

I must have missed the memo where Wookie and I are the same poster.

It’s more complicated than that because jmakin has been banned several times for several reasons.

Jmakin and jmakin_the_wise were self banned by request.

luckiest_man_alive was banned for threatening PMs on 2+2.

darth_brooks was banned for being a banned user gimmick.

These complications are why I made my modest proposal.

@otatop seems to be a lot more team Captains then team not captains these days.

Jmakin’s gimmicks are permanently suspended. His main account is and remains self-banned.

It’s the classic in-group out-group dynamic. Where the in-group consists of a variety of different viewpoints and perspectives, while the out-group bands together, never criticizes each other, and has their own private forum where no one from the in-group is allowed to participate.

3 Likes

This is true, although I’m really more on team “Maximum number of users posting here” than team Captains directly.

2 Likes