The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Old man yells at cloud, presidential edition.

@BestOf

2 Likes

You can say that again.

Feels like a lifetime since I heard the news that RBG died. It was 16 days ago.

Judging by his covid treatment plan, is it fair to conclude that Trump is not averse to drugs?

1 Like

I said two things, before or around the announcement that he was positive.

And

After he was positive, and some of the things that were bothering me got worse (in my opinion), I made this spicier comment in another thread:

In each of these, Iā€™m explicitly saying thereā€™s a space for some edgelording/humor, and in each of these Iā€™m implying that I think he absolutely deserves whatever heā€™s going to get out of this.

After a nightā€™s sleep, and again in my judgment, I read some stuff from posters I have a ton of respect for that upset me. So this is what I said when I said Iā€™m not going to be posting on the forum for a while:

And then later I made one more clarificatory? post to smacc

Iā€™m 100% sure nobody wants to read this, which factored into my decision to be brief about it in the first place. But if youā€™re going to @ me saying Iā€™m Mr. Civility scolding everybody that theyā€™re obligated to hope and pray he has a full and speedy recovery, then I will correct you.

7 Likes

Pretty sure that it is now settled that impeachment is the only way to prosecute a president. I mean, a republican president at least.

With regard to the child sacrifice, Susan Collins is very concerned but isnā€™t going to comment until sheā€™s heard all the details.

5 Likes

From March:

1 Like

I think I get it now.

Doesnā€™t this make those jobs less desirable for the workers. How does the agency get the workers to accept the jobs? Pay them more? Offer some sort of insurance product?

Also, I assume this kind of thing would have not been possible pre-Brexit? Iā€™m not even sure where you all are in that process exactly.

Fuck this guy ldo, but I chuckled:

https://mobile.twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1312727222998966272

10 Likes

Based on what? Because Iā€™ve seen it done quite a few times and it didnā€™t happen.

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisVermilion/status/1312379808559640576

29 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m curious about this as well.

Also, a hospital isnā€™t exactly Alcatraz. If someone really wants to leave itā€™s really not that hard. I think they are to a large extent counting on the fact that some that has a potentially deadly disease would not want to leave against medical advice.

1 Like

I didnā€™t get that out of it at the time, so apparently I misunderstood and I apologize for misunderstanding then and thus mischaracterizing your position today. It wasnā€™t intentional.

I think youā€™re a great poster, even though I think youā€™re wrong here. Iā€™ve had friends who barely follow politics and are pretty apolitical texting me with express wishes for death for these people. I think itā€™s a common feeling.

Maybe Iā€™m the only one who misunderstood and Iā€™m just a dummy, but I really thought your position was that we shouldnā€™t be celebrating it or rooting for worse health outcomes, which to me implied that you werenā€™t doing that. Sorry for the mischaracterization.

2 Likes

Iā€™m seriously confused. Iā€™ve discharged hundreds of covid patients with active illness. Iā€™ve had a few leave AMA for various reasons too. Anyone in the hospital who has what we call decision making capacity gets to decide if they want to go home, even if they have covid.

1 Like

Yay, we can all be friends now!

For a celebration, can we unban Inso0 and then ban him again?

14 Likes

Thatā€™s shocking to me, but you obviously know way more than I do.

1 Like

Yup, the fight is over.

NOW WE MUST FIGHT!!!

Would be quite interesting to watch a covid-positive Trump trying to resume a public schedule and seeing literally everyone except maybe the secret service scrambling to get away from him.

Third in the line of succession

https://twitter.com/chuckgrassley/status/1312897717656604673?s=21

15 Likes

Never imagined this would happen without nunnehi here.

3 Likes