The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Old man yells at cloud, presidential edition.

If he can’t be held accountable by the law, then either he is held accountable outside the law or he remains accountable.

And, hey, I’m not going to do anything nor am I advocating that anyone do anything, but everyone has a breaking point and there’s a reason I like to name-drop Cassius Chaerea every once in a while. Are there people in the Secret Service who are closer to their breaking point after today?

1 Like

Laws don’t apply to Trump.

4 Likes

They wouldn’t be charged with a crime if they were black. DUCY?

It really is this simple.

4 Likes

BJ put a charge the foreign staff in the NHS (National Health Service) that helped him after he got released, said he’d do a U-Turn on the surcharge and as it stands its hasn’t been withdrawn.

Hate to be that guy but imagine if Obama had the Ebola and was having parades.

5 Likes

I honestly think he’d be shot at

1 Like

Can someone translate this to 'Murican

If he sacrificed a child in a re-election ritual and it was televised, I’d still put his chances of prosecution below 50%.

4 Likes

Good catch, the atrupar clip was short so that wasn’t obvious. I’m still skeptical, although I’m less confident now.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with his general posting either, it’s very good overall.

No I figured you’d come back in a few days or a week, skip thousands of posts you’d missed but see the @ and read it.

Gee, I wonder why we were left with that impression? You railed against a bunch of us and, unless I missed it, didn’t explicitly say you were not rooting for recovery while chastising us for rooting against it. If I missed an explicit mention then I apologize. If not, it’s not like I made some giant leap in assuming as much.

Predicit is projecting +4 for the Dems.

1 Like

Our health secretary Matt Hancock came up with a neat way to attack the NHS staff who are employed from agencys in the Euro zone by charging them for using our free health services and emergency rooms just as Boris Johnson our PM went into hospital.

The opposition asked Boris in Parliament to reverse the decision and alough he said yes, its still in force.

Better?

2 Likes

They have a cop here sitting outside the local colleges covid building to keep the kids from making an escape.

I posted last night about an American I was sitting near ranting about Covid being no big deal, masks are stupid etc… and its still bothering me.

I’ve been abroad for 90% of Trump’s time in office and the entirety of the Covid epidemic and all I can say is I have no idea how any of you can handle dealing with Trump supporters in person on a regular basis.

I don’t see how I wouldn’t end up going out like Frank “Grimey” Grimes.

5 Likes

Including the Laws of Nature.

1 Like

Propublica had an another article over this. So the IRS did decide to gear up and go after some rich people. The rich people complained to Republicans and stalled them out until Republicans were in charge and then Republicans cut the IRS budget, rewrote the rules weighting who they should go after ect.

7 Likes

Nice reference to grimes.

1 Like

NYT is (finally) getting better at this

We mostly bite our tongues in person and turn to petty infighting on our own side, if you hadn’t noticed.

5 Likes

There’s been a lot going on this last week or so, so I thought a brief recap might be in order. Let me know if I missed anything big, and I can edit it in.

Saturday, September 26
Trump announces the nomination of Amy Coney Barrett, an ultra-conservative and zealously religious judge, to fill the Supreme Court seat recently vacated by the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Many cabinet members and prominent Republican members of Congress attend the announcement ceremony at the White House’s Rose Garden. Most choose not to wear masks or practice social distancing.

Sunday, September 27
The number of U.S. fatalities from COVID-19, as reported by Johns Hopkins University, surpasses 200,000.

The New York Times releases data on Trump’s tax returns, which had heretofore been successfully concealed, despite subpoenas from the U.S. Congress and the Manhattan District Attorney. The report reveals that Trump paid no federal income tax for most of the past 15 years, that he paid only $750 in 2016 and 2017, that he has personally guaranteed hundreds of millions of dollars in debt, and that he has almost certainly committed tax fraud.

Tuesday, September 29
Trump travels to Cleveland for the first presidential debate of 2020 against Democratic challenger and former Vice President Joe Biden. At the debate, he continually interrupts his opponent and the moderator, and he rambles incoherently about Fox News and QAnon conspiracy theories. When directly asked to condemn white supremacists, he instead asks the Proud Boys to “stand by.” His performance is widely viewed by the American public as that of an unhinged crackhead.

Wednesday, September 30
Trump travels to Duluth, Minnesota, for a campaign rally where he asks “how the hell” Congresswoman Ilhan Omar “tells us how to run our country” and tells the audience that they “have good genes.”

Thursday, October 1
A recording of the First Lady surfaces, in which she asks “who gives a fuck about Christmas” and other eternal questions. Trump travels to Bedminster, New Jersey, for a fundraiser with mega-donors. Bloomberg News reports that Hope Hicks, senior counselor to Trump, has tested positive for the novel coronavirus. In a telephone interview with Sean Hannity, Trump says he is waiting for the results of his own coronavirus test. Shortly before 1AM, Trump announces on Twitter that he and the First Lady have tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1311892190680014849

Friday, October 2
Republican Senators Tom Tillis of NC and Mike Lee of UT, both members of the Judiciary Committee, test positive for coronavirus. The White House physician reports that Trump is being treated with an experimental antibody cocktail. Trump travels by helicopter to Walter Reed Medical Center, where he is hospitalized.

Saturday, October 3
Republican Senator Ron Johnson of WI, former NJ Governor Chris Christie, and former Trump administration official Kellyanne Conway test positive for the novel coronavirus. The White House physician gives a press conference at Walter Reed. He states that Trump was first diagnosed 72 hours ago and that Trump is receiving the antiviral drug Remdesivir, but he refuses to say whether Trump has received supplemental oxygen. The physician later reports that his misstated the timeline of Trump’s diagnosis, and that he was first diagnosed on Thursday evening. Chris Christie, an obese asthmatic, hospitalizes himself as a precaution.

Sunday, October 4
At another press conference, the White House physician states that Trump has been treated with oxygen and the steroid dexamethasone but that he could possibly be discharged on Monday. While still positive for coronavirus, Trump rides in a motorcade past supporters outside of Walter Reed. Attorney General Bill Barr, who attended the Barrett nomination event, announces he will quarantine at home.

54 Likes