The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Old man yells at cloud, presidential edition.

Thing to watch for next is if he gets started on some sort of anticoagulation stronger than aspirin. Would mean his d-dimer is elevated (D-dimer is a marker of badness and risk of blood clots) or that he has a blood clot in his lungs. Usually started on people with D-dimer 4x or 6x normal based on whatever institution you’re at.

7 Likes

11 Likes

Would heparin or lovenox count, or do you mean something like apixaban or warfarin?

Reason I ask is, at my facility, almost everybody gets either sub-q heparin or lovenox just to prevent DVT’s, unless there’s some bleeding contraindication.

3 Likes

I appreciate all this doctor stuff from Caffeine, but it reminds me: Has anyone heard from @hobbes9324 lately?

10 Likes

profile says he hasn’t been on since 9/8

They wouldn’t use warfarin, that takes a few days to work.

Heparin injected into the skin wouldn’t count. Heparin drips into an IV would.

Lovenox would depend on the dose.

Apixaban would work… and honestly I’d probably take that if I got covid.

Have you prescribed it to anyone for that reason?

Hobbes is in a tough fight right now.

15 Likes

Well I can’t do anything about the first 3, but does this mean I should stock up on famotidine, Vit D, Aspirin, Zinc, and Melatonin.

I was parked on a residential street today standing by my car. A middle aged/boomer lady was watering her flowers and had a Biden sign. A different boomer lady walked past and said “Susan can you believe this?!” Susan replied “I know, maybe he’ll drop dead tonight!” I yelled out “we should be so lucky”. It was a pure, wonderful, moment of strangers connecting over the misfortune of an evil and dangerous wannabe dictator.

Also, his little covid parade today is the purest example of just how much of a narcissist he is. He couldn’t got 3 days without being in front of a fawning crowd of cultists eager to stroke his…ego. Yes, definitely his ego.

23 Likes

At least he didn’t find any more pidgins.

3 Likes

No, but I was mostly working with people who were generally too sick to swallow a pill. Lovenox was a lot easier. Quick shot in the belly and the nurse could move on to the next one.

Lots of people got sent home on half-dose eliquis (apixaban). There’s no good data to support this, but it makes sense and it’s what I would do for myself if I was symptomatic.

:slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

What would you need in order to regularly write a summary of the previous week’s events like this?

Eventually I’m gonna be that person in high school that starts a community newsletter for Unstuck.

1 Like

I’m just basing this on one of his most recent posts. I have no inside info.

say what you want about Grassley, but his twitter game is top notch

6 Likes

Huh I wonder who exposed him?

Can’t decide if a Hope Hicks or a Melania joke is more appropriate.

¿Porque no los dos?

I would be so pissed. Hope she recovers quickly and easily.

2 Likes