Request For Comments: Demod SenorKeeed for Abuse of Power

Earlier tonight @anon10396289 had a post of his flagged and hidden in the Ukraine thread. That post got unhidden inexplicably. If another mod wants to own up to reversing the hiding, we can edit and/or close this thread as appropriate, but it sure looks like Keeed unhid his own post, in direct violation to the limit on moderators passed nearly unanimously here:

While no explicit punishment was proscribed in the rule, I think such an abuse of power should be grounds to have one’s term as mod ended and to be ineligible to volunteer for at least a year. The floor is open for comments.

2 Likes

Keeed confesses to breaking the rule:

1 Like

And I guess I could be mistaken, but I never saw a hidden post. He says that it was unhidden after talking to the other person, but I sure saw that post he unhid before that other person’s post came in.

Gosh, we have a NAKED CONFESSION now.

I think keeeds been a very naughty boy but because, unlike some, I don’t believe in locking people up I think he should do the equivalent of community service.

Which is to say he should be a mod for a fixed term.

1 Like

I thought we were anti torture in this forum

2 Likes

My dudes. What the bejesus is this?

Mods try their best. They dont always get it right. Keed shouldn’t have moderated his own post. Hes not gonna do that again.

This isnt worth getting upset about. Certainly not worth a demodding attempt.

Let’s just move on. Come on now.

10 Likes

Are you sure?

2 Likes

ConfusedAssuredCuscus-size_restricted

JXxG

My actual comment is that this seems like a silly thread. But it should remain open until Keeeed at least agrees to follow the forum rules (even if/as he seeks to change them).

1 Like

lol who cares. But yeah Keeed should agree not to do it again.

2 Likes

A+ OP. Would read again.

This. Duh. Also Keeeed is a good poster and adds a different perspective. Even if you think he’s a troll at least it isn’t some no content BS.

1 Like

OP, curious which you think is the more egregious abuse of power: unhiding your own post and admitting it, or banning forum enemies on fabricated (or, at best, hugely inflated) charges of “naked racism” or “misogyny” and denying any wrongdoing?

Disclaimer: this is a pure hypothetical to help OP help me gauge the gravity of the present situation.

1 Like

Excellent Russian-style Whataboutism! Good show!

1 Like

Racist ban.

2 Likes

It’s extraordinary to me that OP can’t see that the reason dozens of people have voted with their feet is because of his years long mod campaigns against individuals he doesn’t like (just as here) has divided the forum, and he’s continuing it even as an ex-mod.

Still, he gets to have his day in front of the voters I suppose.

if he pretended to care about breaking the rule I would think demodding is a tad much, but from his comments in AM he clearly didn’t care about it and said he might do it again because he personally disagrees with the rules.

Demodding seems the best course of action there.

1 Like

Hiding posts should also not be a thing, so there’s that. We elected moderators, why are other people filtering my threads for me? The hide feature exists in the forum software for actually objectionable content like shock images and whatnot and instead we have a bunch of busybodies deciding they should vote down posts they don’t like. Keeed can just unhide every single hidden post as far as I’m concerned, and if you want to be a Karen take it to Nextdoor. Someone lock this thread.

17 Likes

I choose to believe this thread is an archly ironic joke and I rate it highly amusing.

9 Likes

OP went for an interview at The Onion and they asked to see a sample of his work.

2 Likes

I don’t know much about the mechanics of hiding posts, e.g. how and why posts are hidden or unhidden, who does it, and whether there’s a trail

But this seems like at worst a violation of the letter of the law, not the spirit. On the list of abuses of mod power, unhiding your own post seems way down the list.

This seems ticky-tack. Based on what I know now, I would not vote for de-modding

1 Like