About Moderation (old original thread)

Let’s check the record:

False narrative indeed.

1 Like

:joy:

Ok fair enough. Kindness is good I agree, let’s see more of it from everyone. Note that asking what someone’s post means isn’t unkind. Or is unkind depending who’s doing the asking.

Apropos of nothing, is this still a rule?:

It is but as with everything else here there are also no repercussions for not following the rule.

1 Like

I unhid my post here:

Because I offered the offended party (actually not the offended party, there were others who pretended to be offended) this:

And he said this:

I consider the matter closed.

lol you unhid the post way before that post.

[quote=“anon10396289, post:7561, topic:3439, full:true”]
I unhid my post here:

Just to clarify your misstatement here, you overturned the decision of another moderator who hid your post, and unhid it, and then only after that and after I had posted in ATF you asked the “offended party” his opinion.

sure

All in violation of a rule that (that moderators can’t respond to their own flags) that your “side” pushed for. Cool.

Well, good to know you consider yourself above the rules.

I guess I don’t understand? I offered the guy I responded to the opportunity to ban me for however long he wanted to for that post. He’s cool with it. The hell is the issue here?

As has already been cited, mods may not take action on flagged posts they authored.

That by your own admission 7 different users found your post problematic, and flagged it. Another mod agreed and hid your post. And then you unilaterally, and in violation of a forum rule, overturned that other moderator’s decision, and reversed the moderation decision on your own post.

The post was also visible before that person’s post saying it was cool. Can you explain that?

OK, @moderators, hide my post again I guess? I don’t think @smrk4 takes issue with the post I made, and again, I gave him the option to ban me for however long he wanted if he did. I invited accountability for my post if the target of the post wanted it, and he passed. I didn’t try to hide that my post was reported, I took the issue to the wronged party and let him decide. He can still pass sentence on me if he chooses, let loose @smrk4

Also, I don’t think “how the person I was responding to feels about it” is the best criteria for ruling on hiding posts or handing out bans…

yeah I unhid it and then asked him

fine, if any moderator wants to ban me for that post go right ahead. I think reporting/hiding/banning for that post is fucking ridiculous. Compare it to @Riverman’s only post in that thread.

oh cool so your entire explanation is bullshit. Thanks for confirming your story is a lie.