About Moderation (old original thread)

sure

All in violation of a rule that (that moderators canā€™t respond to their own flags) that your ā€œsideā€ pushed for. Cool.

Well, good to know you consider yourself above the rules.

I guess I donā€™t understand? I offered the guy I responded to the opportunity to ban me for however long he wanted to for that post. Heā€™s cool with it. The hell is the issue here?

As has already been cited, mods may not take action on flagged posts they authored.

That by your own admission 7 different users found your post problematic, and flagged it. Another mod agreed and hid your post. And then you unilaterally, and in violation of a forum rule, overturned that other moderatorā€™s decision, and reversed the moderation decision on your own post.

The post was also visible before that personā€™s post saying it was cool. Can you explain that?

OK, @moderators, hide my post again I guess? I donā€™t think @smrk4 takes issue with the post I made, and again, I gave him the option to ban me for however long he wanted if he did. I invited accountability for my post if the target of the post wanted it, and he passed. I didnā€™t try to hide that my post was reported, I took the issue to the wronged party and let him decide. He can still pass sentence on me if he chooses, let loose @smrk4

Also, I donā€™t think ā€œhow the person I was responding to feels about itā€ is the best criteria for ruling on hiding posts or handing out bansā€¦

yeah I unhid it and then asked him

fine, if any moderator wants to ban me for that post go right ahead. I think reporting/hiding/banning for that post is fucking ridiculous. Compare it to @Rivermanā€™s only post in that thread.

oh cool so your entire explanation is bullshit. Thanks for confirming your story is a lie.

Itā€™s a massive dodge to talk about how you should or should not be punished for the post in question rather than the abuse of power that followed.

The abuse of power? Unhiding the post?

You also donā€™t see the problem with instituting a new ā€œKeeedā€™s ruleā€ that Commonwealth canā€™t tell Jalfrezi to please stop responding to his posts, but you can violate ā€œKeeedā€™s ruleā€ by posting a video telling another user to fuck off? As one of the seven who reported your post, that was the only reason I did, because itā€™s a hell of a double standard you employed there. But for Keeedā€™s rule I wouldnā€™t otherwise have a problem with your post.

Does anyone else get to just unhide their own posts when a mod hides them? Is taking action on your own posts specifically forbidden by ratified rules?

I welcome any and all replies by smk to me and would never tell him not to reply to me, or anyone else.

Right, using ratified and agreed upon processes in which all can participate to enforce ratified and agreed upon rules is exactly the same thing as staging a violent coup. Great point, bro.

Well then maybe you shouldnā€™t post a video asking him to fuck off? Again, I have no problem with you doing so in a vaccuum. The problem is that on the one hand, Commonwealth asks Jalfrezi politely to ā€œplease be kind or stop responding to my postsā€ and you decide to moderate him for that, but on the other hand, you can tell a user to fuck off. You can have one or the other, not both.

https://twitter.com/ITYSL/status/1486534790178172931?s=20

5 Likes