About Moderation (old original thread)

@anon10396289

What do you think is the appropriate response from a mod If this warning is ignored? More warnings, a temp-ban, or something else?

This doesnā€™t follow. Moderators warn posters all the time about certain behavior without banning or hiding posts.

Totally agree!

Probably double secret probation for one or two more times, but after that who knows. And Iā€™ll not commit to double secret probation for the next offense as I have to maintain strategic ambiguity vis a vis my future actions.

Works for Susan Collins.

You donā€™t have to specify what exactly you would do, but it would be nice to know you have a breaking point where you do something more than express strong concern.

Yes, I have a breaking point where I will do something more than express strong concern.

1 Like

So if a user calmly and politely continues to ask another poster to be nicer to him, you will checks notes ban the user asking the other poster to be nicer. Got it.

1 Like

Seems like you guys are asking Keed what heā€™s going to do after a third strike.

Poor form imo.

3 Likes

I never asked cw to stop asking anyone to be nicer to himā€¦

Well thatā€™s great then, I guess CW doesnā€™t have to worry about you banning him the next time Jalfrezi goes after him!

Well Iā€™ve already banned someone today with ZERO WARNING, so I wouldnā€™t get too comfortable. Maybe Iā€™ve developed a taste for itā€¦

2 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

Letā€™s check the record:

False narrative indeed.

1 Like

:joy:

Ok fair enough. Kindness is good I agree, letā€™s see more of it from everyone. Note that asking what someoneā€™s post means isnā€™t unkind. Or is unkind depending whoā€™s doing the asking.

Apropos of nothing, is this still a rule?:

It is but as with everything else here there are also no repercussions for not following the rule.

1 Like

I unhid my post here:

Because I offered the offended party (actually not the offended party, there were others who pretended to be offended) this:

And he said this:

I consider the matter closed.

lol you unhid the post way before that post.

[quote=ā€œanon10396289, post:7561, topic:3439, full:trueā€]
I unhid my post here:

Just to clarify your misstatement here, you overturned the decision of another moderator who hid your post, and unhid it, and then only after that and after I had posted in ATF you asked the ā€œoffended partyā€ his opinion.