MUH FREEZE PEACH!!!
No, you donāt get to ask other posters not to respond to you or mention you. Again, if you donāt want notifications from a poster or to see another posters posts, there are excellent tools in this software to use. Report unkind posts to the moderation team, but as I said, his question to you does not seem unkind in any way.
Oh, ffs Keeed. If you canāt be impartial in jalfrezi decisions I suggest you recuse yourself from them. Seriously. Pretending like you donāt see how jalfrezi is needling Commonwealth (which Tilted picked up on by the way, and posted about before you decided to jump in) is not a good look.
Things humming along nicely I see.
UP reminds me of a Waffle House: Itās open 24 hours, and the people inside are freakinā insane.
If āWhat happens after the third strike?ā is needling then itās hard to imagine what a reply jal makes to common wealth would look like that doesnāt meet your needling threshold.
it wasnāt my needling threshold, it was @tiltedās. Perhaps you should speak with him.
Sure, I think heās aware of this thread. Can you explain why you think that was needling?
If you donāt get to ask other posters to ignore you or not respond, then posts asking to do so should be hidden and the asker possibly temp-banned. I donāt see those happening, so you do get to ask such things.
But, also, keeed is right that there are tools for ignoring users and failure to use those while repeatedly asking to be left alone feels passive-aggressive.
Thereās a certain level of forum decorum that we seem to insist upon, but beyond that, no one should have to be friends with other posters and no one should have to pretend they respect someone elseās opinion or intelligence.
All the whining about people getting dogpiled or facing unkindness or getting chased off the forum just feels like Sarah Palin complaining that criticism was stifling her First Amendment rights.
What do you think is the appropriate response from a mod If this warning is ignored? More warnings, a temp-ban, or something else?
This doesnāt follow. Moderators warn posters all the time about certain behavior without banning or hiding posts.
Totally agree!
Probably double secret probation for one or two more times, but after that who knows. And Iāll not commit to double secret probation for the next offense as I have to maintain strategic ambiguity vis a vis my future actions.
Works for Susan Collins.
You donāt have to specify what exactly you would do, but it would be nice to know you have a breaking point where you do something more than express strong concern.
So if a user calmly and politely continues to ask another poster to be nicer to him, you will checks notes ban the user asking the other poster to be nicer. Got it.
Seems like you guys are asking Keed what heās going to do after a third strike.
Poor form imo.
I never asked cw to stop asking anyone to be nicer to himā¦
Well thatās great then, I guess CW doesnāt have to worry about you banning him the next time Jalfrezi goes after him!
Well Iāve already banned someone today with ZERO WARNING, so I wouldnāt get too comfortable. Maybe Iāve developed a taste for itā¦