About Moderation (old original thread)

This is the About Moderation thread. Not the bickering towards each other. Please give it a rest.

And yes you can say ā€œWhy didnā€™t you say that earlier to anyone else?ā€ and to answer youā€¦ Because I wasnā€™t home and now I am. You just so happened to be the last one in the last 4 hours to bump this thread.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I think you guys are just a few more posts away from getting all this shit sorted out.

13 Likes

@BestOf

2 Likes

Please stop. Iā€™m begging you to either be kind or stop responding to my posts and mentioning me. Please.

Thatā€™s not how discussion forums work. There are excellent tools in this software for you to ignore users, which I encourage you to use if you want to. You donā€™t get to tell a user to not reply to you, and ā€œSo what happens after his third strikeā€ seems like a friendly enough question to me. You donā€™t have to reply, which is also how discussion forums work.

Sure I do, Iā€™m the discussion forum moderator.

1 Like

The trick is to not see the worst in people all the time.

See @otatop 's mod-resignation post.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not allowed to ask a user to be kind and/or stop replying to me or mentioning me?

Itā€™s not friendly to me, but I am not going to argue about it because itā€™s subtle and you have made it clear to me via PM that subtlety makes it ok in your opinion, and we have different views.

I did not report that post, I just asked him politely to be kind and stop replying to me.

1 Like

MUH FREEZE PEACH!!!

No, you donā€™t get to ask other posters not to respond to you or mention you. Again, if you donā€™t want notifications from a poster or to see another posters posts, there are excellent tools in this software to use. Report unkind posts to the moderation team, but as I said, his question to you does not seem unkind in any way.

Oh, ffs Keeed. If you canā€™t be impartial in jalfrezi decisions I suggest you recuse yourself from them. Seriously. Pretending like you donā€™t see how jalfrezi is needling Commonwealth (which Tilted picked up on by the way, and posted about before you decided to jump in) is not a good look.

4 Likes

@SenorKeed. Bruh, as you already know, there is a simple solution to every people problem:

1 Like

Things humming along nicely I see.

1 Like

UP reminds me of a Waffle House: Itā€™s open 24 hours, and the people inside are freakinā€™ insane.

3 Likes

If ā€œWhat happens after the third strike?ā€ is needling then itā€™s hard to imagine what a reply jal makes to common wealth would look like that doesnā€™t meet your needling threshold.

it wasnā€™t my needling threshold, it was @tiltedā€™s. Perhaps you should speak with him.

Sure, I think heā€™s aware of this thread. Can you explain why you think that was needling?

If you donā€™t get to ask other posters to ignore you or not respond, then posts asking to do so should be hidden and the asker possibly temp-banned. I donā€™t see those happening, so you do get to ask such things.

But, also, keeed is right that there are tools for ignoring users and failure to use those while repeatedly asking to be left alone feels passive-aggressive.

Thereā€™s a certain level of forum decorum that we seem to insist upon, but beyond that, no one should have to be friends with other posters and no one should have to pretend they respect someone elseā€™s opinion or intelligence.

All the whining about people getting dogpiled or facing unkindness or getting chased off the forum just feels like Sarah Palin complaining that criticism was stifling her First Amendment rights.