About Moderation (old original thread)

It does.

I was not someone who flagged the post, but if those flags are indeed as petty and vindictive as you imply, you should have the maturity and judgment to ignore them rather than flout them.

OK. Proceed with your impeachment. I believe I’ve been more than forthcoming as to exactly what I did.

Good point, a decade ago

I think this is an important factor. Now that you are aware of it, I hope you understand why some people are characterizing your action as an abuse of power.

If it were me, I would probably just acknowledge my mistake, express some contrition, and make assurances to the community that it won’t happen again. I think this incident would blow over very quickly (but I can only speak for myself of course).

2 Likes

If it’s another bullshit hiding like this, I might unhide it, but if I do I’d do what I should have done here: I’ll unhide it, document what I’ve done, and give the mod who hid it the option to either ban me for whatever period he wants or ignore it. Because this was simply a bunch of people who dislike me gleefully reporting a post the they’d only report if someone they hate made it.

And @Riverman, who hid the post, still has that option. You want to ban me for my Logan Roy video, have at it buddy.

Have you ever hidden a post without banning the poster?

I don’t think I’ve ever hidden a post, it’s extremely stupid.

And again, this hiding can’t be principled. Riverman, who hid the post, told me to fuck off earlier in the thread!

Are you saying there is the potential for a mod war where someone hides a post, you un-hide it, and they re-hide it?

Are you going to undo any bans or unbannings because you think they are bullshit?

1 Like

you’re just gleeful at all this, aren’t you? Good for you buddy. Getting that thrill to stick it to your Forum Enemies. Good stuff man.

Grunch. Yeah the correct answer is probably get rid of the hide post feature. We have moderators that we elected to moderate. If that isn’t you, stop ignoring posts for me, go away.

Hiding posts is nothing more than a way for mods to troll people they don’t like while accusing them of trolling.

1 Like

Of course like, you are only a mod because you won by one vote, and that fucking vote was me, voting for you, so maybe a little fucking self-reflection. And to answer your other question, I was offended because you created a stupid fucking rule that allows Jalfrezi to troll Commonwealth and the chef’s kiss is that the rule is that Commonwealth can’t even ask Jalfrezi to stop. You broke your own rule, that’s why I reported your post and not Riverman’s. It was the hypocrisy that was the issue. That rule was a terrible fucking decision that allows Jalfrezi to again try to drive Commonwealth off the forum for shits and giggles and I once again ask you to either rescind it, or failing that, realize that you are clearly biased in all things concerning jalfrezi and recuse yourself from them.

2 Likes

It was me, actually.

Although I think, once cast, votes are pretty much fungible.

1 Like

For the record I’m happy for CW to post whatever he wants within the guidelines, but I may exercise my right to ignore requests he makes.

Jalfrezi,

That’s great. Then let me be the second to ask you to please either be kind, or stop responding to Commonwealth’s posts.

Regards,

jman220

If you want a rule in place to stop someone from replying to any particular posts please raise an RFC.

1 Like

I am not asking for a rule. I am asking you to please either be kind or stop replying to Commonwealth’s posts.