About Moderation (old original thread)

This is a lie. You I hid the post impulsively and then tried to manufacture this post hoc bullshit to cover it up. You are a liar

Again, good luck with your impeachment effort ikes

remember SK super cares about this place and isnā€™t here to be a pedantic troll

I didnā€™t act on any flags. I unhid my post. I didnā€™t know about that rule, no. Although I didnā€™t act on any flags that involved me because it makes sense. I unhid my post because Riverman hiding my post was bullshit.

oh man, pedantry? Sounds bad ikes, we should definetly crack down on that.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œanon10396289, post:7561, topic:3439ā€]
I unhid my post here:

The lie is that you unhid your post because you talked to smrk4. You unhid it first, and then went looking for cover after jman pointed out that you were flagrantly violating a restriction the community had placed on mods.

Sure. Again, good luck with your impeachment effort.

Just what do you think flags are for? Dude, youā€™re confessing to acting on flags while claiming you also didnā€™t act on them.

In my experience flags are about scoring points against your enemies. System seems to be working great.

You donā€™t think unhiding the post qualifies as ā€œtaking action on a flagged postā€?

It does.

I was not someone who flagged the post, but if those flags are indeed as petty and vindictive as you imply, you should have the maturity and judgment to ignore them rather than flout them.

OK. Proceed with your impeachment. I believe Iā€™ve been more than forthcoming as to exactly what I did.

Good point, a decade ago

I think this is an important factor. Now that you are aware of it, I hope you understand why some people are characterizing your action as an abuse of power.

If it were me, I would probably just acknowledge my mistake, express some contrition, and make assurances to the community that it wonā€™t happen again. I think this incident would blow over very quickly (but I can only speak for myself of course).

2 Likes

If itā€™s another bullshit hiding like this, I might unhide it, but if I do Iā€™d do what I should have done here: Iā€™ll unhide it, document what Iā€™ve done, and give the mod who hid it the option to either ban me for whatever period he wants or ignore it. Because this was simply a bunch of people who dislike me gleefully reporting a post the theyā€™d only report if someone they hate made it.

And @Riverman, who hid the post, still has that option. You want to ban me for my Logan Roy video, have at it buddy.

Have you ever hidden a post without banning the poster?

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever hidden a post, itā€™s extremely stupid.

And again, this hiding canā€™t be principled. Riverman, who hid the post, told me to fuck off earlier in the thread!

Are you saying there is the potential for a mod war where someone hides a post, you un-hide it, and they re-hide it?

Are you going to undo any bans or unbannings because you think they are bullshit?

1 Like