About Moderation (old original thread)

2 Likes

human frailty. mercy and forgiveness. try it on

Would you have done anything differently if you believed that the others who said they were offended were not pretending?

Probably. Like, if I thought they were actually offended rather than just trying to score points? Of course. But ikes, goofy, trolly, and jman, who are the ones who reported the post, weren’t actually offended, they just fucken hate me. Well, jman doesn’t hate me but he was just trying to score points against me.

2 Likes

ok mj 100% that’s it. Couldn’t be you were posting bad, being super annoying in general, and being a hypocrite

how was I being a hypocrite?

I don’t think anything was wrong with my post, I don’t think you think anything was wrong with my post, and if you did, you would have reported Riverman’s post in the same thread, telling me to fuck off. You were trying to score points. That’s it. You’re playing a game. Maybe it’s fun, I have no idea.

When you unhid your own post, were you aware it was against the rules to do so?

1 Like

giphy

How much of moderation controversies stem from a mod making a judgement call about the sincerity of a poster who disputes that interpretation of their behavior?

I unhid my post impulsively, because I was mad at @riverman for hiding my fuck off post when he literally made a fuck off post directed towards me earlier in the thread. He told me to fuck off as the only contribution he made to the thread. Which I put a lot of effort into. So I documented my actions, asked if smrk4 was offended (and I knew he wouldn’t have been as we’ve had a history and are generally cool with each other).

So yes, I responded to smrk4’s zero effort troll post telling him to fuck off. This is apparently very serious and needs to be regulated. Riverman responded to my thread that I put a lot of effort into with “Fuck off”. Riverman then hides my fuck off response to a zero effort troll post. Yeah, I was mad. It’s absurd.

But I guess I broke the rule? Wookie started an impeachment thread, have at it I guess.

But again, if any @moderators want to hide my post, ban me for the fuck off logan roy video, have at it.

https://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/1486465965923708932/photo/1

1 Like

Well it sounds to me like if anyone should be banned under forum rules it should be riverman for personal abuse, but look what happened last time anyone tried that.

We could have had SUB

2 Likes

superuber, save us!

superuserbob_s_avi2_ahpglm

1 Like

And then lied about what happened to cover up that mistake.

Just quit dude

what’s the lie ikes? What am I covering up?

that’s how smrk4 characterized his own post

Anyway, good luck with your impeachment effort, should be fun. Toodle-oo!

Being mad isn’t a justification for breaking the rule. In fact, the possibility that mods might act impulsively when someone flags their post is exactly why we have the rule against taking action on your own posts.

And please answer the question: did you know about the recusal rule when you acted on the flags?