Let’s talk about rotating moderation, and get rid of it.

So now that we’ve gotten rid of RFC’s, I think its time to talk about rotating moderators as I see we’re up for our next moderator elections.

The moderators we have now are largely fine. There is no reason to replace them. If people want them gone, they should start a poll to make them gone. The rotating moderator system was started for reasons that no longer matter. There is no reason to continue with this ridiculous system. Eventually we will get a terrible moderator who will shit-stir, cause drama, and cause more people to leave the site before he or she is himself/herself forced to resign.

We’ve had that happen twice now, so it’s not like this is some hypothetical problem. It’s only a matter of time until we get more rogue mods because we keep forcing the good ones to step down every six months. This will only continue to damage this place in the long run. Let’s get rid of rotating mods:

• Yes, lets end this.
  • No, keep it the way it is.

0 voters

Edit: Fixed poll to be public.
Additional Edit; Poll will be closed on August 31st, 7 days after it was opened.

End rotating mods before y’all decide it’s my turn to mod.

Poll? That’s how we decided things before the RFC system.

I was just going to ignore this, not let this be any kind of drama bomb, but you had to go and lie. I wouldn’t even have voted in this.

3 Likes

Amazing. Why do you do this shit? You know it’s going to stir up a bunch of stupid fucking arguments.

2 Likes

No? I mean if an admin wants to banner the poll that’s fine with me.

Your analysis is full of shit and you know it. You’re being deliberately misleading about keed’s offense and downplaying meb’s. You know that you’re doing it, and you knew what the reaction would be when you did it, and you don’t care because you love the drama more than anyone else.

1 Like

Meb was a bad mod. I voted against him and warned everyone they shouldn’t vote for him. I do, however, think he had nobler intentions than the other one.

You could not be more wrong about Keeed. It would be impossible for you to be more wrong. Great thread.

2 Likes

Nice job starting new threads out of the blue to talk shit about people.

2 Likes

This place has been incredibly peaceful and has had great contributions lately. Please drop the old grudges. It’s pointless.

4 Likes

Fine. But we should also drop this system. It is also pointless.

1 Like

Exactly. Sabo posting at all counts as shit stirring to jman.

I agree. Let the poll determine the results. We don’t need to rehash shit that has been buried up until now.

1 Like

Guys,

Guys.

Comeon.

Its not even Friday

Same old same old.

Why is that obvious?

Did we get rid of the RFC system? I have no idea if this is supposed to be binding or not.

This isn’t an RFC. It’s a poll. We made/changed forum rules before we ever had an RFC system.

Pretending this is a community owned forum for a sec, mods should vote imo.

2 Likes