About Moderation

You thinking that everyone gets mad at the mods that ban them because the other captains piss and moan and whine for days/weeks/months every time they are banned is projection.

You seem like you have some passionate thoughts about moderation and I’m glad there’s an About Moderation thread for you to discuss them.

As a thought experiment, how would you feel if you were banned randomly right now and/or were derided and insulted for wanting to talk about moderation?

2 Likes

I dunno my man, so far I got yelled at constantly for every single mod action i’ve taken and there have only been like 5 of them. I even get yelled at for talking about taking mod decisions without even taking them.

Can you even imagine how much butthurt would happen if I issued 50000 bans like other mods?

The projection isn’t from this side sir. But again, i’ll be happy to talk about it if you like. As I mentioned, you seem to be confusing the “sides” here.

1 Like

Sven and I were elected by 64 and 67 voters respectively, Jonny was elected by 59, Yuv was elected by 88 (that election thread had quite the turnout since one of the nominees promised 10 year bans for a handful of users) and commonWealth was elected less than 2 months ago so can’t be a squatter.

Grunching/reading-in-reverse but oh shit is that it?

Ban me for hobbit memes and for thinking frequent flier mile discussions are boring and then, knowing proud non-readers don’t read and won’t know or understand that’s the reason for the bans, go ‘omg theyre out of control come to the new site guys!’

1 Like

he’s referencing Jman’s poll to remove 6 months term limits if i understand correctly. I don’t know how many voters it had, I don’t think I voted in it because it seems like a conflict of interest. It seems potato actually voted against removing it.

As you can see @TimBuktuuf, it is full on horseman who voted for removal and mostly captains who voted to keep the term limit.

Sounds like you should ban him. Start with two weeks and go from there.

Yes, you have no idea how hard I’m imagining it.

2 Likes

It had 53 like he said, he seems to think that number is too small for binding polls or something.

@6ix Bro you post thousands of words a day on an internet forum where each one of your posts is you smugly talking down to someone. Don’t worry about how cringe I’m being!

1 Like

At this point I don’t think these dudes are actually actively lying about anything. It’s what happens when you take crushing mediocrity, add a mid-life crisis, and sprinkle on a goddamn pandemic. Their brains simply broke.

1 Like

The pieces are still coming together but in the spirit of Detective Cuse, 99% certainty.

1 Like

This all started with your laughing MJ meme about me not posting anything substantial and discussion-worthy.

You’re not a real person and it’s practically trolling that you pretend you are.

Wait, so I was lashing out at you before you banned me? Yuv, you need to work on keeping your story straight because earlier you insisted that I only disapproved of you as a mod after you banned me.

A throttle. We’re talking about a 10 minute throttle

You’ve also indicated to me that you’d overturn potato’s bans if it weren’t for the posting backlash, so I do think the stakes are a bit more than just one 10-min throttle.

1 Like

Is ‘awkwarrrrrrrd guy’ you or alex here? (in the original meme it was Trolly)

I don’t find condescending word salad to be particularly productive, is this supposed to be some kind of inconsistency

Yes, ‘word salad’ denotes that it’s too nonsensical to really derive any clear meaning from. So you have to pick one, either it’s word salad you don’t have the ability to comprehend, or it’s condescending and unproductive.