A vote on reinstating the 6 month term limits for moderators and removing all current mods who have served for longer than 6 months

The year is now 2023. All current mods were voted in to serve 6 month terms by the members of this forum. All current mods have now been serving for longer than 6 months because former poster jnn@n @j8i3h289dn3x7 took it upon themselves to hold a vote in August of 2022 seeking to remove the 6 month terms limits for mods. That vote which can be found in the thread linked above received 53 votes (62% in favor of removing the 6 month term limit). @j8i3h289dn3x7 poll has altered the way this forum is ran and moderated, and yet that poster has left and no longer posts here. I don’t know about the rest of you, but allowing jm@n to dictate how this forum is ran when they no longer post here is a horrible idea.

Here’s their reasoning for creating the above poll in the first place:

Their rule change which did not even receive 2/3 of the votes has clearly not worked as intended. Drama still runs rampant in these parts, and no one should want or be subjected to moderate for longer than 6 months at a time anyway. I thank all current and previous mods for their service, but in my opinion, anyone who has voluntarily agreed to mod past their 6 month term end date should have the decision to be removed taken away from them for their own well being. Absolute power corrupts absolutely and all that jazz.

Should the moderator term limits be 6 months?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
Should all current moderators who have served longer than the 6 months they were elected for be removed?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

@spidercrab @spideradmin @admins @moderators

So your “solution” is to remove all mods?

Also any polls creating rules for this place become void if the poster who created the poll leaves? That means we have no rules because JohnnyTruant was the one who shepherded the original rule threads back in 2019 and he deleted his account.

1 Like

Both polls are broken, each has 3 choices instead of 2.

There was a vote

Term limits are superficial and don’t fix the real problems.

Can we even have a meaningful vote with all the fuckery around gimmicks and alt accounts?

3 Likes

You should just ban Tim and delete this thread like you’ve done the other 25 times anyone has tried to curb your power trips

1 Like

jfc

None of this shit is ever helpful or necessary or makes the forum a better place. Please stop making the forum worse with selfish, petty bullshit pretending to be democracy.

2 Likes

right we need more of these posts

1 Like

Take it to About Moderation so it doesn’t ruin your forum experience?

2 Likes

I think rotating mods was a good idea and was largely a success (as much of a success as something can be given the overall vibe here).

5 Likes

It felt to me like rotating mods created more variance in mod quality, so that the lows of moderation were lower.

1 Like

Those rules were voted on and implemented when we had an actual process to make rules? @j8i3h289dn3x7 created a thread/polls on a whim after the RFC process was removed and the 6 month term limits were removed because 62% of 53 accounts voted for it?

My solution is to remove all the current mods because when they were voted in, the forum believed that they were voting them in for a 6 month term, not “oh at some point during their six month term, we are going to remove the term limit and now these people are mods for life”, and then vote for a new batch of 6 month mods.

:astonished:

Whoops

“Pretending to be democracy” when the current mods were not voted in to be permanent mods. They were all voted in for 6 month terms.

So what’s your threshold for your polls created on a whim, 67%?

Every poll aside from mod election has been a 60% majority, although to be fair I don’t know if that was voted on and I don’t care enough to research it.

What’s the difference with political leaders? Why bother with elections?

I probably wasn’t going to bother to vote anyways but for some reason I can’t vote in these polls which seems odd?

1 Like

RFC to ensure this is the last poll TimBukThree can (try) to set up?

Polls fixed