Let’s talk about rotating moderation, and get rid of it.

What is your preferred option among these choices for term length and number of consecutive terms?
  • Six-month terms, limit one term
  • Six-month terms, limit two to four terms
  • Six-month terms, unlimited terms
  • Twelve-month terms, limit one term
  • Twelve-month terms, limit two to four terms
  • Twelve-month terms, unlimited terms
  • Terms of unlimited length

0 voters

If only we had rules about what counts as a binding poll…

2 Likes

ngl, watching people rediscover why the RFC rules were needed in the first place is entertaining.

2 Likes

The RFC process was terrible. We’re not governing a small country, we’re a few dozen people shitposting on a forum.

I think he’s pointing out that the RFC rules were a poor, misguided attempt at solving issues that were not really issues.

For instance, this forum has felt quite peaceful for a few months now, I’m not sure anyone really wants much change at all, yet we’re somehow feeling pressure to do something right now. Where is that pressure coming from? The answer to that Q would probably answer a lot of other questions.

1 Like

The only reason I made this thread was because things are going well, as you said, there is no reason to rock the boat, and someone created a thread for the latest round of moderator elections. Why not just keep the status quo?

The RFC process was fine. The posters are terrible.

1 Like

It was indisputably bad. Anyone could make an RFC at any time and forced people to engage with, participate in, and pay attention to drama on a regular basis without any upside whatsoever.

1 Like

You cant deny jman isn’t also bored …

Benevolent dictatorship.

Wookie for 20 years like on twoplustwo.

It is August 31st, so as posted in the op, I have closed the poll. The “end the rotating moderation system” side won by 22 points, so regardless of what you think the margin needed to be, this obviously cleared it. There was also a decent voter turnout, and this thread was linked as the first response in the moderator nomination thread, which itself was made a banner. The fact that nobody was nominated in the latest nomination thread is evidence that this was needed. Thank you to everyone who voted. Notifying @spidercrab @moderators @admins. This thread should also probably be locked at this point.

LMFAO

2 Likes

mod4lyfe baby.

1 Like

Yeah until you temp ban somebody on the A team for like half a day or something draconian like that.

Simple polls are not valid anyway. That was a primary reason the rfc was developed. We can’t just have riff raff posting simple polls and changing rules and stuff.

1 Like

Nonsense i am mod forever

2 Likes

Yuv is drunk with power!!

He owes it all to meb!

I can’t stand looking at OP’s avatar so I have him on ignore and had no idea there was a pole. Would have voted against changing the rules

1 Like