Let’s talk about rotating moderation, and get rid of it.

It is August 31st, so as posted in the op, I have closed the poll. The “end the rotating moderation system” side won by 22 points, so regardless of what you think the margin needed to be, this obviously cleared it. There was also a decent voter turnout, and this thread was linked as the first response in the moderator nomination thread, which itself was made a banner. The fact that nobody was nominated in the latest nomination thread is evidence that this was needed. Thank you to everyone who voted. Notifying @spidercrab @moderators @admins. This thread should also probably be locked at this point.

LMFAO

2 Likes

mod4lyfe baby.

1 Like

Yeah until you temp ban somebody on the A team for like half a day or something draconian like that.

Simple polls are not valid anyway. That was a primary reason the rfc was developed. We can’t just have riff raff posting simple polls and changing rules and stuff.

1 Like

Nonsense i am mod forever

2 Likes

Yuv is drunk with power!!

He owes it all to meb!

I can’t stand looking at OP’s avatar so I have him on ignore and had no idea there was a pole. Would have voted against changing the rules

1 Like

The RFC system was repealed. Simple polls were used to determine policy before the RFC system. This was not a complicated issue that needed a month of debate and rounds of votes.

Sorry bub, we were told that those simple polls were not good enough and not binding because reasons. And the RFC was repealed without replacement.

Again just posting to request that @moderators or @admins update the forum rules moderation terms thread to reflect this rule change. This has clearly become a de facto rule, if not a de jure rule, as @JonnyA is still actively moderating despite the old rule causing his term to expire. To be clear, I fully support @JonnyA continuing to moderate as this rule has been repealed, I’m just asking that the rules thread be updated so there is no confusion in 2 months when the next set of moderation terms “nominally” expire.

What’s the difference?

1 Like

Because Jonny’s recent moderation reminded me of this issue, and it’s going to come to a head in about 2 months when like every other moderator’s term expires, so let’s just amend the damned stickies to reflect this vote?

Edit: If you think this isn’t going to be an utter and complete shitshow when all the other moderators expire in 2 months then whatever, fine.

the appropriate way to do this is through the TOS.

1 Like

Done. Should just be a nice quiet Friday from here on out.

2 Likes

OMG OTATOP JUST MADE HIMSELF MOD FOR LIFE

(jk thank you for your work)

1 Like

Thank you. We should get back to talking about French Dips now.

1 Like

People who put cheese on french dips are monsters