UNOfficial Community Vote: Unstuck Politics is a democracy

also the ellipses store earlier

To clarify, I didn’t qualify the word ‘democracy’ in any way above. As such, it would be conventional, and reasonable (and correct in this case), to interpret such usage as common usage in that context. Which, on a political entertainment junkie website, I’m going to assert the word ‘democracy’ identifies a general category, and the qualified term ‘representee democracy’ is a member of that general category of ‘democracy’.

cliffs: this official vote is about all forms of democracy, including representative democracy, consensus, and everything else in between.

Thanks for clarifying. Ends the derail for me. Apologies.

No apologies needed.

You are one of the few posters ITT who have actually engaged in the subject matter…Thank you, sir!

1 Like

The official in question is way past the term he was elected for, thus is no longer elected.

We voted to end term limits.

Democracy!

Speaking of democracy… I’m publically requesting that you ‘sticky’ this thread in the same manner as the other current official community vote has been ‘stickied’. Thank you in advance.

Apologies for ignoring this request before, I thought only one topic could be pinned but it’s only one topic can be a banner.

1 Like

lol official

1 Like

lol community

2 Likes

Ah ok, so your ideal society is dictatorship for life with you as dictator, obviously.

How progressive.

Abstaining from this because it’s unclear what exactly this vote means.

Taking this at face value that this is “official” and “binding” for reasons I don’t understand other than it’s written in the OP, can someone explain what happens in the event of a “yes” win and a “no” win?

2 Likes

jeez

All this just because your nose was out of joint when you were excluded from nmnm.

Some people. :roll_eyes:

Always reverting to the “haha you’re not invited to our clubhouse” taunts, a paragon of maturity.

1 Like

It’s true though and we all know it.

Your pettiness and spitefulness know no bounds, but they are possibly the only interesting things about you.

• a ‘yes’ vote means we are committing to some form of democracy going forward.

• a ‘no’ vote means that going forward, we won’t be using any form of democracy.

Among other things, a ‘no’ vote would mean that proposing binding community votes like this thread, and the other current binding vote thread re: Commonwealth, would be out-of-order as applications of democracy.

I didn’t vote in this poll because the premise doesn’t make any sense. If this place is not a democracy then the poll is meaningless and if it is the poll won’t change it.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure everyone you guys excluded from your tree house has their nose out of joint about it because a lot of the people who left for NMNM were great, thoughtful posters whose loss has left UP worse off.

Paragon of maturity.