UNOfficial Community Vote: Unstuck Politics is a democracy

I would like unstuck politics to be a democracy
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

This is an official binding community vote. Ratification: simple majority (50%+1), minimum 50 total votes. This poll will remain open at least 168 hours.

eta: Changed wording to address the excellent comment made in the next post. This isn’t a survey of what you feel Unstuck has been so far. It’s a vote of our preferences on what Unstuck should be going forward.

1 Like

“Unstuck politics IS a democracy” or “I would like unstuck politics to be a democracy”?

Cause I was about to vote no, just as an answer to your question, but then the rest if your post made this seem like this is something else

4 Likes

Instructions unclear, democracy is now unstuck

The alternative is that the mods own the site?

Why is there no “absolute monarchy” option? :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

You fuck up in a firefight, and I god damned guarantee you a trip outta this forum in a body bag !

I’d be comfortable with deferring our major decisions to @discobot

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display help

1 Like

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Through pride we are ever deceiving ourselves. But deep down below the surface of the average conscience a still, small voice says to us, Something is out of tune. — Carl Jung

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

1 Like

You’ve mined all your grievance here.

Fuck off to the myriad available 'alternatives. ’

1 Like

I voted no.

Every few months, it’s the same few people that stir up drama, personally attack other posters that actually contribute to the discussion, and now are apparently doxxing people.

Then when their actions are moderated, they go to their fainting couches, try to build consensus with their crony friends, and decry about inconsistent moderating standards.

The volunteer mods put way more time and energy than I have in keeping up this place. It’s not hard to figure out how not to post bad. When someone gets a timeout, I completely support every mod action that’s ever been taken. People earn it, even if I can’t precisely articulate why.

I lurk way more than I post. I don’t feel the compulsion to weigh in on every controversial topic, or personal grievance that y’all keep score on across who knows how many sites and screen names. It’s not hard to figure out how not to suck around here. If it contributes to rage, don’t hit send.

I support the mods decisions, and they can make this place an absolute dictatorship for all I care.

25 Likes

1 Like

See, I could respond to that.

I could make things ugly, or personal, and bring down the discourse across the site.

But I don’t have to. I find something else to do with my day.

It’s not that difficult.

12 Likes

Or, alternatively, it’s an accurate representation of your post and there’s not much you can argue about.

1 Like

I mean Jesus Fucking Christ can we just finally for once talk about what we’re really talking about lol?

Oh God please do and please make it as hilarious as this:

That’s the point you stop typing and click “cancel”. Considering what the next sentence is, your subconscious knows you better than you know yourself.

What changes can we expect from the results of this poll?

If it passes? For one thing, claiming “unstuck is not a democracy” would be incorrect.

As such, acting out on such a bogus claim as an elected mod would be a violation of trust, and exceeding their mandate. Similar in severity to say, as an example, an officer of unstuck gratuitously exposing PMs, and much more severe than simple name-calling y/o whatever “pearl clutching” the usual suspects are whining about now.

eta:

If it fails, unstuck will not be a democracy. So… no elections such as this one would be “official” or binding going forward. What unstuck would then “be” would remain to be worked out.

And, uh, what’s your recourse if the owner of this site gives no fucks about your poal?