UNOfficial Community Vote: Unstuck Politics is a democracy

Spoken like a true man of the left.

Hey yes voters can you guys give some examples of some thriving internet communities that are “democracies” i.e. have little to no active moderation? Thanks in advance!

Unstuck is a democracy?

1 Like

They have their little “mod-free” club, which is only mod-free because they pre-ban their enemies rather than banning them after the fact, but it’s not all that fun because they also want to harass their enemies.

1 Like

spe what now?

spe does not pretend to be either mod-free or a democracy. You’re welcome to start a poal there, though! You can even declare it a breach of trust on par with Judas Iscariot if your requests aren’t honored.

2 Likes

so spe has gatekeepers and a gestapo just in case any of the chosen few happen to get uppity. sounds delightful. Jesus would approve.*

*maybe. who tf knows. we can check in with Santa while we’re at it

1 Like

Ooooooh, a Gestapo! Sounds scary. Maybe they’ll round you up and send you to camp and execute your family just for being who you are! Or maybe they’ll just ban you from a small web community if you’re an asshole. Who can really tell the difference?

3 Likes

who wouldn’t want to be part of a place where having a different opinion about something than the majority could get you labeled an ahole and banned? vigorish debate is so passe. the new sign-ups must be pouring in.

1 Like

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

My favorite refuge of scoundrels. Always banned for having a “difference of opinion.” Never a mention as to what that difference actually was.

1 Like

I wondered how long it would take the vindictive ban merchants to again imply that bans are nothing and people complaining were a bunch of whiny snowflakes.

Or that was their line until one day yer man RIverman got a one day ban, went totally ape-shit and “threatened” to leave if it wasn’t revoked…

LOOL

1 Like

we’re still taking. please share the differences that you think justify the ahole label and banning someone that haven’t been upheld here

How about you write the essay instead.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

My favorite refuge of scoundrels. Always afraid of having an honest discussion on what the “difference” between being labeled an ahole and getting banned or not actually is.

1 Like

DEBATE ME!!!

Sure thing, Nielsio. At no point have either of us been having an honest discussion, and it’s laughable to claim you are interested.

1 Like

YOU KNOW WHERE MY AHOLE LINE IS, AHOLE!!!

speak for yourself with this trash. you won’t (or can’t) articulate where the differences are when directly asked after saying I didn’t mention them.

unsurprisingly tho, it seems all the friends in your social circle know where this magical ahole/bannable line is. how fortunate for all of you.

You know as well as I that there are limitless ways one can be an asshole, and attempting to enumerate them is both a waste of time as well as an instruction manual for assholes who want to be all the asshole they can be without getting banned.

1 Like

so spe is special bc you and all of its members all magically know how not to be your indefinable definition of an ahole without having to discuss any specifics. sounds like paradise. a real Stepford Forum you’ve built a wall around over there. congrats

You, well at least I presume, frequently attend places where you could possibly be permanently banned from ever visiting again if you break unwritten rules and indefinite standards. These include local bars and restaurants, the homes of friends and neighbors, and numerous other establishments. You do this, at least I presume, without demanding an exhaustive list of ways you can be banned and yet also without ever having banned from any, or at least not many of them. In fact, “don’t be an asshole” is a rule of thumb most people can intuit and use to avoid getting banned from just about anywhere. Most people are unconcerned with precisely where the line is because they never get near it. And indeed, the people most concerned with where the line is are the ones who want to toe it.

1 Like