Sabo permaban confirmation

Sabo reached out to me on 2+2 and asked me to post this here on his behalf. I am happy to do so and am posting his words verbatim:

• Sabo is a troll. Permaban confirmed.
  • Sabo is owed an apology. Permaban rejected.

0 voters

Further, if his permaban is confirmed, Sabo requests his posting history be purged, ala the spaceman. These are two positive arguments to purge Sabo’s posts.

1. If the permaban is confirmed, the consensus will be that Sabo’s posts were bad faith trolling. Akin to commercial spam, just clogging up the threads, or worse. Well, spam is summarily purged. If Sabo’s posts are akin to spam, then they should be purged too. Consistency argues to purge Sabo’s posts.

2. It seems the purge of the spaceman’s posts was over concerns he could be tracked down IRL. Sabo can easily be tracked down IRL. He is a member of the San Diego branch of the IWW. He has posted several pix of his dog, and said he brings him to the meetings. IWW meetings are open to the public, and announced on our websites and other media. It would be very easy to track down Sabo IRL, unless his posts are purged. Safety argues to purge Sabo’s posts.

Should Sabo’s request be respected?
  • Yes, purge Sabo
  • No, anonymize Sabo instead
  • At least remove the dog pix from the profile
  • Do nothing

0 voters

I’m not going to vote in this but linking shouldn’t be permabanned to deserving an apology is vintage sabo.

I don’t agree with purging or anonymizing long standing accounts. If members don’t care about possibly being doxed while actively posting personal information, it shouldn’t be an issue after they’re gone from here and forgotten.

2 Likes

Ban him. Posts remain. He can never return.

I don’t give a shit what mental gymnastics are being played as some gotcha.

This isn’t play time and you dumb fucks insist on destroying the community.

And nobody gives a shit about sabo to track down in real life.

What happened to his debate different nonsense.

5 Likes

Wait, Chris Sabo posts here?!

3 Likes

I’ll just point out that anonymizing accounts has been done several times that I know of with higher volume users than Sabo. It’s fine if your against that but there is precedent for it.

ok. I just posted the polls that Sabo PMed me.

So, you’re saying you were just trolled by Sabo?

4 Likes

@Trolly just edited the thread title to “Sabo and Keed troll the community a bit”

I edited it back to the original title, “Sabo permaban confirmation”

1 Like

I will say the timing of this is interesting from the “is he a troll” perspective. This needed to land in the middle of the new sub forum discussion? It couldn’t wait a few days? Might as well amp up animosity and contention as much as humanly possible I guess.

He was banned a week ago, right? How long is appropriate to wait to have a poll on his permabanning?

1 Like

If his posting is indeed bad faith trolling he was no right to make any demands whatsoever.

He should have thought about that before posting identifiable information. Also being able to be tracked down isn’t a threat in and of itself.

Someone else doxxed himself last year and the forum and mods/admin bent over backwards to comply with his demands.

Doesn’t mean I have to agree with that.

No, but it does mean that Sabo has the right to expect equal treatment.

1 Like

I disagree that a precedent once set has to be adhered to for all eternity. Even if, the situations would have to be comparable. For starters, was the user who requested the deletion an account that was permabanned or in good standing?

LOOOOOL…his sense of entitlement is not a right.

Well there was absolutely no authority or precedent to permaban Sabo so I’m not sure that it matters either way what Cuse’s status was when he took his ball home.

5 Likes

That will always depend on who you ask, but Sabo was permabanned without community agreement being sought so that shouldn’t be used as a metric.

Of course there is precedent for mods unilaterally being able to ban long-time members. Why would you think otherwise?