About Moderation (old original thread)

No, he was given a 2 week ban by PC, which wookie turned into a perma without community approval. I raised this issue with Riverman and he didn’t bother to respond. He can start a poll for Sabo too.

4 Likes

wat

Uh, I’m pretty sure there was a vote with broad consensus on banning him.

Disagree with the BH ban, but not worth people throwing a fit and turning this into another proxy fight.

1 Like

This is literally the first thing I have done as a moderator besides a post or two encouraging someone to be nicer, and I avoid this thread like the plague. I’m not really out here trying to use “whatever power I have” to take swipes at people.

3 Likes

That’s not what happened. Like at all. IIRC PC originally permed him. Sabo then lost his vote that he literally demanded.

He got like 4 hours off, btw.

I dont think Haywood should be banned, but I hate their style of posting. They didn’t debate. They didn’t respond to people who responded to them. They aren’t really here for a discussion, even if they are making a lot of posts.

2 Likes

It’s not “misinformation”, it’s just that you disagree with it.

See I would consider this much more “bad faith” posting than anything BH posted, since it’s a bullshit technicality designed to obscure the argument. It’s a “well #actually did you know REPUBLICANS were the anti-slavery party?” type of non-argument via factoid.

2 Likes

Maybe you could refrain from making shit up? I confirmed the vote to permaban sabo before re-banning him. I don’t care about him at all and have never sparred with him that I can remember.

Look, if you want to make a “sphere of influence” or pathway for tanks or whatever all argument, then make one, but don’t be surprised about people pointing out shared borders when that’s the literal crux of the claim.

Disagree with the BH ban too. Though there should be containment threads for arguments because the main thread is more about news and updates and arguments can ruin that.

2 Likes

Ok, whatever. Re-ban Sabo/BH if you feel strongly about it RM.

Can’t we at least do this petty shit on a Friday, as is tradition?

At least then I have the weekend to look forward to.

3 Likes

The guy was not only wrong, he wasn’t engaging anyone. He got a bunch of substantive responses to his nonsense and proceeded to repost the same youtoob video. For which he got 4 hours off from the forum. Chill out people.

3 Likes

You’re trying to take advantage of Keed’s tantrum to overturn a permaban.

Pathetic.

1 Like

The argument of shared borders with NATO is an argument about having a large, difficult to defend frontier. Pointing out that Russia shares like a 50km border with Norway at like the North fucking Pole is not an honest attempt to engage with that argument.

It’s not up to a moderator to determine who is ‘wrong’ let alone ban someone for it.

2 Likes

that wasn’t the whole argument was it now? There’s turkey since the 50s, more since 2004, come on now

Turkey doesn’t border Russia.