***Biggest Assholes Alive Draft Thread***

Politics edition, but obv you can pick anyone you like with the proper writeup.

YOUR PICK MUST BE CURRENTLY LIVING.

No wishing death on anyone FFS. The rules of course allow you to argue why they would be likely to die.

There will be five rounds in snake order. That means first shall be first and last shall be last, then last shall be first and first shall be last. If that doesn’t make sense, I can do nothin’ fer yee son.

Any objections to these rules must be submitted in the form of a writeup.

THE DRAFT HAS ENDED!

Player Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5
superbooger Donald Trump Jair Bolsonaro Kim Jong-un Xi Jinping Recep Tayyip Erdoğan
chuckles Mitch McConnell Newt Gingrich Bashar al-Assad Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo Joe Lieberman
Matt Sean Hannity Marsha Blackburn Rodrigo Duterte Tucker Carlson @Inso0
zikzak Richard Sackler Mohammed bin Salman Pat Robertson Undrafted Tom Brady
hokie Steve Bannon Aung San Suu Kyi Jeff Bezos Brett Kavanaugh Laura Ingraham
NotBruceZ Ronald Ernest Paul Benjamin Netanyahu Vince McMahon Grover Norquist Sam Harris
LFS Dick Cheney Rush Limbaugh Omar al-Bashir Ann Coulter Sheldon Adelson
TimBuktuuf Goatse Sepp Blatter Isaiah Gregg Mike Bloomberg Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
TrueNorth32 Rupert Murdoch Charles Koch Stephen Miller Harvey Weinstein Mason Malmuth
Riverman Henry Kissinger Vladimir Putin Clarence Thomas Bill Cosby Alex Jones

In, obviously

Suggest only living people are eligible, we had a “gettin’ the haters mad” draft at the other forum that covered most of history’s worst monsters.

1 Like

That’s fair. I also thought of doing one just for currently serving politicians but figured this one would generate more interest for the first draft.

In, second riverman’s suggestion that we limit to living people (or past two decades or something). I don’t need to see writeups to know that Hitler and Pol Pot were bad, but would love to see a long-form writeup of why Sean Hannity deserves to die get Coronavirus.

2 Likes

The rules have been amended per these excellent writeups

I also think we can do better than “biggest assholes”–like “COVID complications nominee draft” or something

Perhaps a matter of taste, but I don’t want to provoke another debate around such things. This is inclusive if you want to think of it in those terms.

Sure.

1 Like

Sure, why not?

1 Like

In

1 Like

TY for the thread title change oh Furry One.

Dang this is filling up fast.

1. Riverman
  2. Hokie
  3. zikzak
  4. eyebooger
  5. NotBruceZ
  6. Chuckleslovakian

Signups will run through the end of today and will cap at ten people.

Not in, but definitely have this thread on “tracking.”

1 Like

I’ll step aside if it’s full and somebody else wants in. I’m looking forward to reading other people’s more than writing my own.

1 Like

Can someone give me an idea of what kind of write-ups are expected and how much time we will have to write something?

Not in but excited for this. If it doesn’t fill I will take part but I imagine it will and you guys all have a way larger breadth of knowledge.

So very, very in.

2 Likes

Sure.

Let’s say you have four hours to make your pick from the person before you. You can provide your write up later if you are rushed. And if you miss your pick, you can always make it later. Just be wary as the more time you take, the more likely someone else snipes your pick.

Generally, you want to have a pick and a write up prepared with one alternate also ready if someone snipes your pick before you.

Here is an example of a write up by Dominic from 2+2. You don’t have to be nearly as formal as film nerd professors. Just give a paragraph or more telling us why you selected that person.

Johnny Cash - Hurt

A devastatingly human meditation on regret and growing old. Director Mark Romanek goes one step further than what producer Rick Rubin had in mind when he suggested Cash sing this Trent Reznor song. Romanek uses old Johnny Cash footage mixed with an old, broken down Cash playing the piano and surrounded by artifacts of his life in the Cash Museum, as he solemnly sings and shakes and yes, even cries.

Wife June Carter Cash stands behind Cash, with a look of love and support and shame and regret that is just heartbreaking in its stark honesty. A year after this video was shot, both June and Johnny would be dead.

The very best music videos add something to the song. The song is great. But the music video turns it into a masterpiece of despair.

In my mind, the very best music video ever made.

Dominic’s Videos:

Johnny Cash - Hurt

Bruce,

In Drafts, there are generally two schools of thought.

One is to make the pics that are most important to you without worrying about what other people will pick.

The other is to forget about who you want to pick and focus only on sniping others.