Movies (and occasionally face slaps) (Part 2)

Oh fuck yes.

I just went from not giving any fucks to now giving all the fucks for Wolf Man. Leigh Whannell’s take on Invisible Man was so good.

This is a great prompt for a draft. The potential for maximum snipe rustles is quite high.

I’m embarrassed to say i have no idea how drafts work. I never did fantasy anything.

1 Like

I would rand the third overall pick and then be furious when either of the first two Godfather movies were still on the board.

1 Like

Saw The Iron Claw. Very good movie, delivered to expectations. Holt McCallany was the standout to me; he was a perfect Fritz Von Erich. I admit I had to look up the actor’s name since he’s just been a “that guy” to me, but he did a great job as the overbearing, soulless, piece of shit patriarch of the Von Erich family.

Easily clickable spoiler if you know the basics of the Von Erich story:

The clear driver of the movie was the repeated tragedy that ran through the family, and if you knew even a basic outline of the story then you knew that emotional moments were coming, but they all felt earned and well-portrayed. I was particularly glad that one Mike Von Erich moment made its way into the movie; I wasn’t sure whether it would, but it was one of the more low-key disgusting points of the Von Erich saga.

It did feel like it had some pacing issues at times, with some plot points coming up pretty abruptly, and the actor who attempted to play Ric Flair…failed. But thankfully did not have a big part. But those are the only true criticisms that really come to mind. I thought it did justice to the true story it was portraying, and I was happy with what I got. Easy 3.5/5, probably on the high end of that 3.5 rating.

It’s easy. People sign up, you randomize the order, everyone picks from first to last person. Most drafts then have you snake back in reverse order. Rinse repeat for however many rounds everyone agreed to do.

Some classic Unstuck Politics drafts:

1 Like

Lol so you’re going to get rustled almost no matter what happens

That tends to be the way of it. Still very much holding a grudge against @TrueNorth32 for sniping me in the 30th round or something of a draft 5+ years ago.

3 Likes

I could watch Hot Fuzz an endless amount of times and be happy

number

Can’t believe more popular than Shaun of. Will have to check it out!

How many have I seen it? At least 15 at this point. Where it sits on my all time list is harder. Im bad at ranlimg and always forget something but easy top 5

I envy you getting to see it for the first time.

2 Likes

Fool’s Paradise

I am a fan of Charlie Day, so was interested to see the first film he starred and directed in. It has an absolutely loaded cast with

Charlie Day
Kate Beckinsale
Adrien Brody
Jason Sudeikis
Ray Liotta
Jason Bateman
Edie Falco
John Malkovich
Dean Morris
Common
Glenn Howerton
Ken Jeong

Charlie Day tries to portray a character along the lines of The Tramp or Peter Sellers in Being There.

One of the most fascinating films I have seen…in the fact it just doesn’t work

I think the major problem is Charlie Day’s character in this is pretty much an absolutely empty shell.

1 Like

I think LKJ was simply commenting on your grammar.

1 Like

In the words of Angela Martin: that doesn’t sound like me.

1 Like

As it turns out, it’s already hitting Prime next Friday.

I mean, as I’ve digested it I’ve grown to feel that even my faint praise for it was probably still too generous, so I’m not really recommending it, but I know you’re interested to see it.

1 Like

This certainly is

https://x.com/A24/status/1735298784240759180?s=20

1 Like

That’s the Kojima game they decide to adapt? Gross. You’re basically a glorified mailman in a post apocalyptic world.

Seems like this came out of nowhere

2 Likes