SARS-CoV-2: Electric Superflu

jman knows what’s up. If I took any of this personally, I’d have actually said something worth banning me for by now out of actual frustration or anger.

Though I will admit that I almost pulled something when I rolled my eyes at this ban in particular.

Don’t know, I don’t have enough of a sample size to guess. However I wouldn’t be surprised. ARDS in its many forms has a mortality of 40-60% depending on severity. Add in heart failure and mortality has to jump.

1 Like

I would never do something like that. But I have been recently remembering a lot of important things and reaching out to people who I’ve lost touch with in the past that meant a lot to me, etc. So I sort of get it.

Thanks for the answer. And thanks for all you’re doing and sacrificing.

10 Likes

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1245177093836718084

6 Likes

And just a general complaint, human kidneys suck. They will nope the fuck out at the slightest provocation.

7 Likes

Every other goddamn episode of House – “it’s too late, his kidneys are shot”. Apparently surprisingly realistic!

3 Likes

OMG people are fucking psychotic you guys remember me telling you about this coworker?

he just posted this video to his facebook page and i commented that he told me it was just the flu a week before this video was made and that they’re actually laughing at people like him he deleted the comment LOL

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/NPR/status/1245189147758821376

5 Likes

Trump: Nobody is handling the virus better than us.

Turkmenistan: Hold my beer.

6 Likes

Probably still more effective than anything the Trump admin has done. People afraid of being arrested for speaking about the pandemic in public = less people out in public. Not bad!

2 Likes

Maybe he wants to see it one more time in case he never gets another chance? Obviously not letting him in was the right choice and this guy should be staying at home, but I can guess where he may have been coming from.

1 Like

Daily new deaths graph doesn’t make any kind of sense. There’s some weird shit going on with how these are being collected. For total cases, it really looks like we’ve passed the inflection point. We’re still in for a long fight.

I think there might be a weekend effect where deaths pile up and then maybe another day lag and Tuesday a big whallop comes. We’ll see. I know reporting is pretty screwy on the weekend - especially Sunday.

Also HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT’S STILL FUCKING MARCH

1 Like

Good Riddance March (Not the Time of Our Lives)

Dear west coast,

lol

Sincerely,
The future

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/EmpireMaker2/status/1244674427469479946

1 Like

I dunno. Berdymuhamedov is far closer to Kim Jong Un than Trump. He is one of the very few leaders who I think has Trump clearly beat on the shitty human scale. And there aren’t many.

Dumb-ass bet. Looks like he’s done taking action. I’d do $1k on the over but rooting for death feels bad. But then again I’d be thrilled to lose.

He’s definitely gonna scoop everyone when they just stop reporting deaths entirely.

2 Likes