SARS-CoV-2: Electric Superflu

I think that every few days for the Czech Republic and all of a sudden there’s a giant spike in new cases. That’s actually what happened today. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s 400+ when all is said and done.

definitely too soon to tell for sure. but it looks like NYC is no longer test-constrained based on the pattern in new cases. the huge run up in new cases through 3/20 seems to be driven by the initial ramp up in testing, and then we see a second increase in cases that appears to be driven by continued growth in infections. since then, however, daily new cases has really leveled off and it seems to be falling.

i know the state as a whole continues to record record growth in new cases, so i think this must be now be driven by long island and downstate, which would make sense because it took a while for the virus to get there in force from the city center.

https://twitter.com/racheljulie/status/1245114069339852802

I don’t see the problem? I guess she’s a Mets fan.

7 Likes

Sounds like Chris Cuomo has it? I guess CNN is the Villages in our right wing counterpart forum.

2 Likes

One size fits most? Ouch. Now we know why the “FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU” guy was so mad.

9 Likes

Well if an outbreak hits San Diego I doubt we have a strategic reserve of MLB team branded rain ponchos to hand out to our doctors considering there’s only been 3 rainouts in Petco park history lol

1 Like

I’ve gotten into it with Brandon Eich on twitter over the years on various political issues. He is pretty low-info politically and isn’t really interested in probing his positions very thoroughly. Standard crypto tech-bro all news is BS but I know things from first principles or just being smarter than everyone else or w/e.

NYC probably had to be earlier and more severe than those other states to have a chance.

Still one of the greatest sports gifs in history.

Has there ever been a sports gif draft?

2 Likes

It’s the Pat Mahomes of sports gifs.

2 Likes

There was a regular gif draft

It’s the Mona Lisa of gifs. So much going on. The angry fuck you guy. The guy pointing out to his son how awesome the yankees douche is in real time. The cap guy who can’t be bothered to stand up. The young chubby guy who goes in for an awkward high five with the girl sitting next to him. The guy who just keeps stuffing his face full of popcorn.

There was a SE gif draft. Was good.

It is the Pat Mahomes of gifs agreed. Everyone focuses on the guy in the middle but the superior talent around him is what makes it a winner.

5 Likes

Wild picture.

4 Likes

Nah, CNN is the Bizarro Fox News
San Francisco is probably the closest thing to Bizarro The Villages.

Berkeley

Yeah, that’s probably better.

I’ve posted before about my work situation.

I’m still going to the office along with my team because we don’t have the tech to work from home yet.

We’ve finally built that, but can’t move people everyone home yet because the VPN is too slow.

Today I find out its partly because 2/3rds of the company are using VPN even though they don’t really need to.

So my team are stuck here until next week because people can’t do the right thing.

I’ve taken an early lunch to avoid the temptation of sending a mass email and/or company bulletin board post telling people to “stay the fuck off the VPN so my people can go home you fucking pricks”

6 Likes

I’m thinking about this and struggling to understand why anybody would willingly use VPN if they didn’t have to.

2 Likes

Yeah I mean a firewall vpn is pretty much mandatory these days. Cyberthugs ransomwaring everyone including hospitals all of last year and this year is sure to be worse will millions and millions of new morons working from home.

1 Like