Moderation

If those are the only fights he picks, so be it. But I wouldn’t want to limit the topics based on the thread title.

You think Clovis needs containment??

I put clovis on ignore once every 2 months for about 3 days and by then he’ll have switched his meds and become a decent poster again.

1 Like

The fact that I have no clue who the mods are is a huge plus point in their favour. Its like Biden selling himself as the ‘you won’t have to think about the president any more’ candidate.

5 Likes

Like “progressive,” “the left” is such a vague term that I wouldn’t identify anyone as part of “the left” unless they were explicitly anti-capitalist.

2 Likes

Clovis is a perfect representation of the self-righteous liberal turd who doesn’t lift a finger until it’s time to vote for the Democratic candidate for president and think that makes him smarter and better than everyone else at politics. The only time I ever see or hear from or about him is to browbeat and insult someone to his left about how they have to be smart like him and vote for Democrats no matter how shitty they are.

The mods might want to rein in this toxic shithead if they actually want people who don’t treat politics like TV shows to post here.

1 Like

This type of statement is 1000x more likely to get modded than the posts of someone who doesn’t use name calling but has a stance which you disagree with.

I can only speak for myself, but I don’t go around modding posts willy nilly unless I see something flagged. If you have an issue with his posts, flag them or ignore him (best option), but don’t expect me to randomly censor posts that don’t fit a certain agenda (mine or anyone else’s). If you want an echo chamber, there are other places for that.

6 Likes

I debated even responding to this and actually deleted a version but I feel I need to defend my reputation.

Always with personal attacks over policy attacks. I’m too rich, too educated, too Canadian and now too lazy.

For the record, my “not lifting finger” in the past 6 months has meant,

Donating to the following, UP monthly, the NDP monthly, two times to CCLA, once to Lebanese relief fund, once to a local scientific society funding COVID campaign. I also donate to CANADALAND and Slate.

I’ve attended 2 protests, sit on a messaging committee for a local NDP candidate and have written two local op-Ed pieces. I have also recently joined with some people I met at a BLM protest to form ideas for action, the first of which is looking like a virtual lecture series we are going to put together on protest in the time of Trump (we are working on a better title lol). Lastly I organized a covid Support group in my complex where we run errands for people who can’t.

So carry on with the baseless personal attacks if they make you feel better. Or you could try discussing actual policy differences we might have.

10 Likes

I knew you were too rich!

3 Likes

Imagine thinking the lack of new posters is due to this place not being left-wing enough, or that adding more twitter marxist trolls like yourself would be a good thing for forum quality.

4 Likes

Exactly the kind of dismissive shithead response I’d expect. Label me, negate me, don’t think about how you guys actually treat other people. I’m just a “twitter Marxist troll,” so I’m not a human being, right? So it’s fine to be an arrogant prick to me, right? That’s the Good Woke Liberal way to behave, right?

I was told by good people that this forum was a good place to post. Obviously it’s still overrun with self-righteous liberal shitheads like you who start screeching any time anyone to their left stands up for themselves.

That’s kind of my point. Someone can go around being an asshole constantly but as long as they color within the lines it’s fine. Call them an asshole for doing it, though, and you get responses like the one above. Liberals love civility for thee, but not for me.

Like I’ve said, this ain’t my circus and it ain’t my clowns, but it’s this kind of behavior y’all should think about depending on what kind of place you want this to be. Because if that kind of behavior goes unchecked eventually you’ll have nothing but a bunch of groupthinking liberals who browbeat everyone else from their unearned sense of superiority. That’s just a fact based in a lot of forum experience.

2 Likes

Ok, so, like, you get you’re making this up, right? And no matter how many times you repeat it, the reality doesn’t change; we can all just go reread the posts if we wanted. Right?

Gaslighting… That sure sounds like Trump Playbook 101™!

2 Likes

Indeed we can

1 Like

Can’t make this stuff up.

1 Like

That’s wild. I was literally about to post that if I was King Of All Forums there’d be zero tolerance for this type of trolling because it’s so pernicious and corrosive, even though the majority of the time people aren’t doing it intentionally.

This sort of asinine infighting over labels and purity is why Republicans always win and the left never can hold on to power. I will leave you to it…

1 Like

It’s always a projection

2 Likes

Clovis, the point of contention was that you don’t seem to actually care, considering you mock and insult the people who are most vocally upset by what’s went down with the Dem primary and post-primary.

The parts after that are speculations as to why this might be, not proclamations that one can’t be of the left if they’re too wealthy or formally educated or, horror of horrors, too Canadian.

I said this at the time,

and you wanting it to be the latter when it’s trivially, obviously the former doesn’t make it so.

Not really. People on the left generally have ideals and people on the right generally only dream of money. Debating ideals is never asinine.

1 Like