Moderation

Guy who calls people turds and shitheads and is regularly one of the most acerbic posters here complains about the way others treat him. Decries labels while in the same breath generalizes every liberal in the forum (who are a minority here despite your victimhood complex).

5 Likes

FWIW I wouldn’t be making this post if you hadn’t explicitly mentioned gaslighting, but I think we can all afford to be a little more self-aware re: the terms and accusations we’re throwing around. I haven’t been perfect in my engagement on this topic, and Clovis hasn’t either. We’re all just sitting at different stages of Bernie grief (e.g., Anger vs Acceptance) and yelling at each other because we think that divides us. It shouldn’t. Pragmatism vs. rage doesn’t predict how much grief we had, only how we choose to process it.

That didn’t happen.

And if it did, it wasn’t that bad.

And if it was, that’s not a big deal.
And if it is, that’s not my fault.
And if it was, I didn’t mean it.

And if I did, you deserved it.

3 Likes

The right has just as much infighting as the left.

eta: Correction: the right has a lot more infighting than the left. GOP got a big reorg with the Tea Party and now the Lincoln Project is openly campaigning for Biden. It’s really not close.

@Nononocantsleep do you honestly expect me to believe you can’t tell the difference between,

1. You don’t seem to actually care because you mock people who do; maybe this stems from owning a business and having a PhD.

and,

1. You’re not really part of the left, and can’t be, because of all the owning a business and having a PhD.

?

They’re almost opposites!

4 Likes

So I guess if said the part about businesses and PhDs was not only not an attack but actually a lukewarm defense then minds would really get blown out of skulls.

That would be a swell story if you hadn’t called me a “disgusting POS” and suggested I should be the janitor not owner while “defending me” all the while jwax is excitingly saying I should shut up cause I’m Canadian and rich and “stop smelling my PhD farts”.

Anyway, I’m not going to respond anymore. I posted my defence. I’m a big boy I can take being attacked.

Very clever, young man, but it’s Trump Playbook 101™ all the way down.

I know plenty of very successful people who can’t actually read. Like, they know all the words and know what all the words mean individually, but they just can’t pick out the meaning of a sentence somewhere between thirty and eighty percent of the time. It’s weird as fuck to watch it in real time. A question like, “How many people will it take you to do this task?” gets interpreted as, “Can you do this task?” and leads to several more emails back and forth. Seeing, “Why don’t you care about these issues? Is it because they don’t affect you?” get interpreted as, “Your thoughts on these issues don’t count because they don’t affect you,” is weird as fuck.

You’re allowed to have thoughts on issues that don’t affect you personally, the world would be even more of a mess if that wasn’t true. But it’s weird as fuck when people seem to not care at all about over-incarceration, and I hope it’s because it doesn’t affect you and not because you think the people deserve to be in prison.

4 Likes

I did say it was a lukewarm defense.

But uh, yeah, it is really, really disgusting that you mock people for being upset over a measurable increase in human misery and death. That’s really bad!

I hope at some point you (all) realize that it’s our animating factor. A measurable amount of people are going to live in misery and quiet desperation and/or die, who wouldn’t have if the primary panned out differently. Biden and Harris and whomever, whatever the fuck else are just reminders of that.

theyre fucking posting itt hiiyoooo

p.s. oh wait that was an anticlimactic grunch

No. I do not think that [point I didn’t make] is an accurate read on [revisionist, selective version of what you said]. Glad we’re on the same page.

Some of you people need to learn how to use the ignore function.

4 Likes

This is what I meant by lukewarm defense.

Plus, the opposite is true. M4A is obviously Good and Right because duh, but let’s not pretend that the country is having some sort of egalitarian awakening. Rather, a whole lotta people are feeling the long-term aftershocks of 2008 and are realizing they’re not gonna be wealthy wealthy and subsequently, whilst they can easily afford housing and food, medical bills can break even the upperest of upper-middle-class. Therefore, Medicare For All!

Whereas a maniac like myself secretly thinks that theoretically it’s utterly insane to talk about universal healthcare before universal housing or universal food.

It makes me pessimistic but that’s because I’ve never been a full-bore guns-blazing dialectical materialist. People I respect see it as natural and inevitable.

5 Likes

This is true but maybe it’s easier for the right to coalesce since their fights are mostly about power, grift, and which ridiculous conspiracy theory is true among qanon, christianity, and supply-side economics. Whereas the left’s fights are more ideological and emotional.

Motherfucker don’t get snippy. I didn’t force you to open your mouth and reveal you can’t actually read for comprehension.

This bit only works if it did in fact happen.

3 Likes

This thread is something else.

I assume people post here knowing their post should be modded?

:+1:

https://unstuckpolitics.com/uploads/default/original/3X/f/c/fcb5b1cfcbffb58f3dd7ba572e3636be778b5e31.png

1 Like

that’s Debs in 1904 btw

1 Like