The C-Word

What is an acceptable percentage of n-bombs to be dropped on this forum?

I mean, I know the answer you want, but I would say nonzero.

Isn’t that a word like the n word that’s specifically used to target a (racial) group, totally unlike the way the c word is used (which is rarely used to describe a woman)?

1 Like

Do you think “bitch” is a gendered term?

Is “sand ni**ers” allowed, especially when discussing British-Arab relationships?

2 Likes

Presented without further comment.

Not that I agree this line of argument has merit, but the search function seems broken.

Just searching the UK thread alone shows 77 hits for ■■■■■■■

1 Like

“Bitch” imo is used unironically as a gendered term, yes.

That says a lot abut the current state of British politics. We’d rather call them ■■■■■■■ than “twits” or “fools”.

1 Like

I think it only shows one result per thread by default.

1 Like

Oh, but I think we need further comment, counsel. What percentage of the total posts searched do those results represent?

Because, you know, colloquially, 0.0000001% = nobody.

You’ve been educated repeatedly about this being untrue when discussing Americans.

Seems like clear trolling to me, especially since you @ me just a short time ago to repost a quote of mine expressing this exact point.

So? The point is entirely that there’s a large class of actual people who are extremely offended by it. It’s not uncommon for people to feel unsafe, literally afraid, because of it.

1 Like

A hundred cute pictures of cats don’t make a post using the n-word not racist.

That sounds like a hypothetical problem to me

Yeah, so when someone tells a man, “Don’t be such a bitch!” is that sexist, or is it indistinguishable from “Don’t be such an idiot!”

1 Like

This isn’t the thread for it, but every word has its place. Whether it’s in historical quotations, or discussions on why it shouldn’t be used, or any number of other contexts. The answer to your question is still “nonzero”.

Interestingly enough -

“Don’t be such a bitch” - devoid of context, would be assumed to be directed at a woman.

“Don’t be such a ■■■■■ - devoid of context, would be assumed to be directed at a man.

1 Like

No one is getting banned for posting an excerpt from Huckleberry Finn as part of a book club discussion, either.

You asked a specific question. I gave you a specific answer.