Led Zeppelin Tournament Bracket

No accounting for taste. I’m pretty sure you love some of the Pink Floyd I’m not too fond of too.

Are you saying you don’t like Kashmir or Heartbreaker?

Especially not liking Heartbreaker is a little weird. The guitar gets very sloppy and lost in parts, but it’s a pretty Led Zeppelinny standard song.

I go back and forth on Kashmir over the years, but I like it a lot now. I’m not at all against the repetitive droning lately.

Ah no, I meant those are probably my picks, though I do love The Ocean.

1 Like

I’m going Ten Years Gone and The Ocean. Not really because I think they’re stronger songs than what they are going against, but because they sound fresher to me and I still want to hear them. (And they are basically toss ups anyway.)

1 Like

We’ll still allow you to listen to the ones that don’t win.

3 Likes

Ok Region II closes tonight so let’s kick off Region III.

• 1 - Ramble On
  • 16 - Ozone Baby
0 voters
  • 8 - I Can’t Quit You Baby
  • 9 - The Battle of Evermore
0 voters
  • 5 - All My Love
  • 12 - In My Time of Dying
0 voters
  • 4 - When the Levee Breaks
  • 13 - For Your Life
0 voters
  • 6 - The Rain Song
  • 11 - Nobody’s Fault But Mine
0 voters
  • 3 - Going to California
  • 14 - Tea for One
0 voters
  • 7 - Trampled Under Foot
  • 10 - Bring It Home
0 voters
  • 2 - Black Dog
  • 15 - Royal Orleans
0 voters

Region III closing up shop on Saturday at 10:30 central.

Voted for faves except for Nobody’s Fault and Tea For One.

All My Love has the corniest key change; The Rain Song is overrated imo.

Don’t call me a ■■■■■ you ■■■■■

1 Like

I love the drums in All My Love. His kick drum during the verse is always a little different and doesn’t fit any discernible pattern that I’m aware of. Key change is a bit lol, but it’s a great song.

I’m sad The Crunge didn’t make the cut.

1 Like

The anticipation of the lame key change coming ruins the song for me. It’s like when chess grandmasters say the threat is worse than the execution.

Backstory to all my love is too sad. I don’t like to listen to it much. No need to dislike it at all though…in my time of dying is awesome.

Rain song and nobody’s fault is the only tough choice for me because they are both so great!

Need to phone a friend, neither Friends nor No Quarter is doing anything for me

1 Like

you make it to the 2:30 mark of No Quarter?

My bad, digging it on second listen, not a treadmill song, that was the problem

1 Like

Kinda interesting video I just watched on the genius behind some of Bonham’s decisions:

2 Likes

One of the things that made him great was just his musicianship. Like listen to Fool in the rain – the subtleties of dynamics on the Purdue shuffle, and the micro-time. The way the hihat is on the back side of the beat on 4 but the Kick on 1 is way on top, it’s both relaxed and driving at the same time.

2 Likes

I love how they all did Viking and hobbit stuff in TSRTS except Bonham just wanted to show his hot rods.

2 Likes

Yall kidding me with this Battle of evermore shit?

2 Likes

Hobbits tho

2 Likes

Yeah that vote is a bad take. It’s borderline filler on IV.

1 Like

lol so true