Should wookie be immediately removed as mod?

Should wookie be immediately removed as mod?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

There have been hundreds of posts claiming wookie should be removed as mod but for some reason none of his detractors wanted to post a poll.

This is a democracy. Let’s vote and end this endless discussion.

2 Likes

Also I configured a poll properly. Ya me!

I’ve been on the internet forever and wookie and GB are some of the best moderators I’ve ever seen.

10 Likes

Maybe edit the post or poll to ask if he should be removed as mod as soon as practicable

I suspect many people would agree that wookie (and any other mods) should be removed at some point in the future

2 Likes

Updated

there’s no chance the majority here would like Wookie to be immediately removed, so this is just going to end with another ‘see, shut up’ to the people who are unsatisfied with the current situation (i’m not actively one of them, but i think the community will do better if we try and understand the other side’s point).

I do think there should be a rotation of sorts in the moderators when new volunteers step up and I don’t think it should be a personal thing (the phrasing ‘removed’ is unvolunteered and forceful, it shouldn’t be that way)

12 Likes

Do you think a vote should be required to remove a mod or should a defined term be created and serve for that period of time?

1 Like

I think there should be defined terms of service for mods, and I also think mods should be able to be recalled by a majority vote.

It’s a democracy. If the vote goes a certain way so be it.

okay, but the vote will be ‘no’ and not a single thing will improve with the current situation. so how is this helping?

3 Likes

Ok. And do you think they should be allowed to be recalled repeatedly? Or should there be a limit on that as well?

I’m not sure I understand the question. If they are recalled, then they aren’t mods anymore. Are you asking if someone who is recalled should be allowed to be a mod again?

I think there should be defined terms of service for mods, with an unlimited number of consecutive terms, and I also think mods should be able to be recalled by a majority vote.

I think there should be a defined term, and I think in the other thread Wookie gave us a very, simple clear path to establish, codify and enforce what that term should be. Then people got mad anyway because Wookie is just the worst for some reason.

Exactly.

Although the phrasing of the poll is absurd, there’s not some emergency where he needs to be removed immediately. He should step down in the spirit of PC’s volunteering for mod. A modship that Wookie himself facilitated as gatekeeper.

1 Like

From a different angle - there are posters here who have have expressed an interest in modding and have as much right as any current mod to be a mod - why should they be denied that by people determined to cling on to power?

Look at this from the PoV of the community, not privilege.

2 Likes

Just what we need—more polls, more threads. Gjge.

3 Likes

This isn’t intended to fix everything but to answer one simple question. Should wookie no longer be a mod. Several posters have asserted this many times but never tested it. This is the test.

Other things will have to be put in place to solve the other issues.

It’s like whackamole muting these things.

8 Likes

sorry dude