Sabo was improperly permabanned. This should be reversed

Thread since About Moderation is a mess of bickering and is throttled

2 Likes

I’m going on vacation, but I think this is what is going to make me finally getting around to an RFC on permabans when I get back.

I’d be happy to see Sabo posting here again.

sabo is missiledog right?

I think there’s a need for something much more rigorous that can be added to this thread:

I agree that Sabo should not be permabanned. And I also assume you didn’t include a poll because you think that it shouldn’t take a poll to reverse the ban.

1 Like
2 Likes

But jokes aside I agree with you that it seems like the ban should be reversed, although I think it would be valid to have another poll. @moderators what do you think?

I don’t know who Sabo is and I don’t give a shit.

3 Likes

I wasn’t able to find a thread regarding a voting threshold on permbans, can you link to it?

I’ll create a new poll on unbanning Sabo depending on the previously agreed upon permban rules.

1 Like

I’m really avoiding these treads now but I can’t not comment here. Sabo is the single worst poster I have seen in 25 years online. He was removed by a valid and legal vote. He absolutely should not be back. His sole goal in posting is destroying discussion. He is the only poster I have ever seen with zero good faith.

5 Likes

I don’t think moderators should be able to unilaterally undo a decision made by the community regardless of their personal feelings. For example I voted on the original thread about permbanning people by request that people should be banned if they ask for it but the community voted for a 2 week cooldown first so I’ve followed that.

Hmmm, what could have happened between those dates that may have changed people’s minds…

2 Likes

What threshold? The only polls with thresholds by rule are mod confirmations that need a 2/3s majority, every other poll is a plurality as far as I know.

Well then a new effort should have been initiated, since the poll should have been closed. And also the threshold hadn’t been met when Wookie re-instated the ban. It was a simple majority at that time.

Fair enough, wookie used the poll as cover to permban Sabo. I’m not going to unban Sabo unilaterally as a tit-for-tat.

Do you have something else that was enacted which specifically enforces a simple majority for perma bans?

There’s a poll regarding keeping Sabo permbanned where a majority of posters voted to keep the ban in place and you’re asking mods to ignore those results because of technicalities that involve knowing precise timelines of events from 6 months ago. I’m choosing to uphold the results of the existing poll.

The section you highlighted is regarding RFCs on rules, I don’t think it applies to votes on other polls.

1 Like

So sixty percent then?

Are we done?

Lol people fighting to bring sabo back under the guise of propriety is funny.

Watery dune hair.

3 Likes