About Moderation (old original thread)

Alright, so now, rather than actually address the legitimate criticism that chads was 100% full of shit, you flip to Bickering About Old Drama as a smokescreen. Great stuff.

2 Likes

If anyone else wants to join Jbro in the suspension bullpen just go ahead and throw out out another Proud Boys insult. That shit has no place here.

1 Like

I’m asking the thread to be opened so we can discuss chads’ ban and the rest of it.

There’s no smokescreen, I was replying to you.

I think bans are too long.

1 Like

Seems out of line.

How can I be full of shit when I haven’t even said anything? I said open the thread, that’s all.

edit: and “still” is a weird word choice. I don’t think I even said anything much (or at all?) in the other thread. Are you lumping disparate groups of people together again…?

Others have made this point but the main request I saw from PocketChads who started the thread was to at least give Sabo access to his PMs:

I explained why I wasn’t going to reverse Sabo’s ban in the thread

I unbanned but silenced Sabo as a compromise to allow him access to PMs while still abiding by the majority of voters who voted to keep him banned.

I disagree but I’m not a Godemperor or anything so if another mod wants to unlock the thread or unsilence Sabo there’s nothing stopping them.

3 Likes

Apropos of nothing, I saw this on another forum today:

4 Likes

Does this only apply to other posters, so public figures are still fair game?

That’s crazy talk.

1 Like

Correct.

Amazing but at the same time utterly predictable.

@champ ’s post did not attack a posters mental health. He accused that poster of being bored and wanting to pick a fight. Do you really not see the difference?

I literally banned SuperUserBob for slinging mental health attacks at JT. Champ did not do that. Sure his post called out that he doesn’t find JTs posting enjoyable but that’s a big difference than what I mentioned about being consistent.

Can we not do this here?

Also… when did I try to ban you a month?

Lol.

I honestly haven’t figured out how to use the mod powers on my phone but if I could jalfrezi would be toast.

9 Likes

It didn’t. I never said it did. You were the one that said I was inconsistent with my claim that mental health attacks would be banned.

Sorry you feel that way. I’ll continue to try to make decisions fairly even though it might not always appear that way.

To explain a bit further: you immediately came in hot to the covid thread with malice towards a valuable user that had finally decided to return to the community. This was out of the blue with what appeared to be no reason at all except stirring shit up. Should Champ have been banned for his post? I didn’t think so because he doesn’t have a history of that - which I consider.

There are other mods here as well. As Otatop said… I am not the godemporer.

I don’t have a grudge against you or anyone. I’ll try and explain myself better in the future.

6 Likes

Vic – I agree that your post pointed out hypocrisy, in that you were saying this guy sucks why do people blah blah blah. Other people do that as well, you’re right, and it’s not always discouraged and certainly isn’t always or even usually met with bans. So I think the right thing to do is to discourage posts like you made and the posts you’re targeting.

And by saying that you made that post to point out that hypocrisy, of some of those posts being tolerated or encouraged and others being seen as beyond the pale, well, you’re kind of acknowledging that you’re trying to stir shit up. Which, again, I’m sympathetic because I think the hypocrisy that your post points out is real, and we should do a better job of discouraging the sort of posts you’re talking about.

So what if we did that? Tried to instead encourage people to report problematic posts without public derision, which always makes things worse. Tried to move arguing back and forth tangents to their own threads more quickly so that it’s not dominating threads that people read for other reasons. So instead of “how do we get this asshole to shut up” type posts we could encourage something like “could we move this discussion to a separate thread”.

So I don’t want you to stop posting, obviously. I like you and want you to post here, and think that the steps I’ve described above would make this a friendlier and more open place. But you’d have to come off defcon 1 too probably. If that’s something you’d be interested in.

2 Likes