Council of Captains Discussion Thread

what just happened

lol

guess the admin really can read PMs

lol Ked you didnā€™t do that?

1 Like

ahahahahah letā€™s just assume it was an accident, right?

right?

guess I must have just meant for this to be a PM. Woops, these mistakes happen, right?

1 Like

how long have you been reading along?

Go on.

I forgive you. But can you forgive yourself?

4 Likes

I do like how you think Iā€™m saying weā€™re guilty of hiding something, when Iā€™m just doing a running bit with Ked about dropping shrooms and letting everybody in the top secret clubhouse.

7 Likes

yeah itā€™s probably time for a new site, lots of clown shit happening on here with too many people acting like children and I havenā€™t even read any of the beef threads lol

2 Likes

I meanā€¦ the very nature of screen names and avatars is hiding (and with good reason given some of the people here). wtf are you talking about?

So someone borrowed your invented screen name and picture to poke fun at you and instead of posting ā€œVery funny, I guessā€ or something you go on another of your monkey tilt abuse rampages claiming violation of your god knows what.

And by ā€œGo onā€ I mean that I canā€™t really read your tone accuratelyā€¦ But Iā€™m gonna guess youā€™re not happy and jovial about things. Youā€™re not happy and jovial about things, right?

I mean, it seems like by the ā€œmeant to be a PMā€ reference that youā€™re potentially resentful of me for ā€œdefendingā€ Sabo with an accurate retelling of historical facts, that you somehow think him saying you had a ā€œmental meltdownā€ is far, far worse than all you said to him in the past about mental health, and in true kill-the-messenger fashion Iā€™m in the wrong? But we donā€™t have to talk about that if you donā€™t want to, and are just doing a joke.

Iā€™ve stated more than once I feel shitty for having had to bring that up, and if you recall we had a dustup back then that Iā€™m not proud of, thatā€™d Iā€™d also be potentially calling attention to by referencing that thread. I sacrificed myself as well.

Iā€™m totally serious btw, I actually do see the humor in making this public. It was the natural extension of everybody increasingly inviting everybody into the PM, and if you donā€™t want to discuss anything thatā€™s totally fine.

why is this hill so important? if it was a joke, clovis was the butt off it and he didnā€™t enjoy it. just chalk it up to ā€˜do not kid with this guyā€™ and move on.

it canā€™t be like ā€œnever herp-derpā€ but then ā€œtake a jokeā€. And if this is all continuous retaliation then what exactly is the end game.

1 Like

I do in fact like you, youā€™re just sometimes a littleā€¦ oblique, and rely on insinuation which is sometimes not as clear as you think it is. My tone came just after I was reading the Sabo thread and hit this:

And was like, see what? I have no idea what you meant. Donā€™t explain, it doesnā€™t matter, Iā€™m just already irked by the drama and in the mood to cut through vagueposting.

Itā€™s hard for me to comment on this because I still donā€™t really understand wtf microbet et al left for, nor do I know what has gone on around ikes, but as far as Iā€™m concerned itā€™s the process itself that is the problem. Like microbet is one of the more chill, mild-mannered people on here and has obviously been driven to distraction. If youā€™re blaming the moderation here for this, why didnā€™t it happen at 2+2 where the moderation was worse? Iā€™m pointing the finger at About Unstuck and everything going on in there, it wants a fucking tactical nuke dropped on it. The less people have engaged with any of that, the happier they are here. If thereā€™s a crisis of legitimacy in moderation, then letā€™s have an election process to deal with that, but to me itā€™s obviously the process of ā€œletā€™s all endlessly discuss moderation decisionsā€ that drives people insane because, like I said, it is not possible to come to consensus. Any solution that is like ā€œno, you donā€™t understand, Iā€™ve got a new way we can all endlessly discuss moderationā€ is a non-starter to me because it replicates the same process by which everything inevitably goes to shit, it has happened several times over now.

4 Likes

yeah that was vague as shit not gonna lie about that one

1 Like

Itā€™s not a proposal where we all discuss moderation decisions. Itā€™s a proposal where the people who want to do that make a subforum. Itā€™s self selecting for the people who want to build a community that is structured like that. Anyone can post there, but the people who want to make the moderation decisions and talk about that do so.

Not enjoying it is one thing. Calling someone an absolute piece of human shit is another, especially when youā€™ve been calling for mediation for others and reconciliation.

1 Like

So admin can and have been reading PMā€™s.

Site is dead.

2 Likes

Microbet thought people were not being nice. Itā€™s well documented in this threadā€¦

Which reminds me, to anybody who posted something in this thread that they wanted kept private, and now are worried somebody might readā€¦

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

LOLOLOLOLOL

Nobody reads shit you sweet summer children. How do you think weā€™re all in this mess? From people calmly and carefully reading posts and then responding in kind to the information in said posts? Did I mention how much my sides hurt, how much they hurt from all the laughter?

If I had a nickel for every time somebody posted in the forum some shit like, ā€œWell I havenā€™t read most of this, I mean, any of this, really, butā€¦ Here is my authoritative and definitive take on the matter which should be universally respected and not be challenged nor even questioned,ā€ then Iā€™d have a sack of nickels to start beating people to death with.

1 Like