Moderator Nominations: 6 Month Term beginning 7/1/22

Moderator Nominations: 6 Month Term beginning 7/1/22

Link to nomination thread

2 Likes

Per the new rules for establishing mods of this forum, anyone may post in this thread volunteering to serve a 6 month term as mod beginning roughly on 7/1/22 and ending on 11/1/22. Any volunteer post which receives at least 10 likes in this thread will be considered an official nomination that will move forward to a full forum vote. This thread will remain open for 3(ish) days.

Nominees from this thread will take the place of @Riverman and @catfacemeowmers on the mod team.

Full rules listed below.

Nominations and Elections. Two weeks prior to each Rotation Date, a nomination thread will be created in the About Unstuck forum requesting volunteers to serve as a moderator. Anyone who volunteers in the thread and receives at least 10 likes to their post will be nominated. After the nomination thread has been open for 3 days, the nomination thread will be closed, and another thread will be posted in About Unstuck with an individual poll for each nominee, which will will remain open for 3 days. Any nominee who receives at least two-thirds approval will be added to the mod team immediately. This means they should be in place for roughly 1 week prior to the Rotation Date, and a moderator’s term will last approximately 6 months and 1 week. For the sake of clarity, if a moderator’s six-month term ends on a Rotation Date of July 1, then they would be eligible for nomination in the mod approval process that leads up to the next Rotation Date (September 1). This rule replaces and makes all prior rules regarding mod terms null and void.

I nominate @yuv to be a moderator

12 Likes

I also nominate @Tilted or @CanadaMatt3004 contingent on either of them confirming they’re willing to come back for another term.

4 Likes

We definitely need at least one more mod as otatop accepted mainly to do admin stuff, so once Riverman is gone I’ll probably often be the lone voice on some decisions, and don’t think that is good either for me or the forum.

2 Likes

I appreciate it, but pass. I left my first shift early because I wasnt able to devote more time than the occasional time out. The community deserves more than a glorified babysitter

4 Likes

The link in the OP is a link to the OP? Are you trying to incept me?

3 Likes

I don’t mind to do another rotation if the community agrees.

28 Likes

100%

We’ll amend the constitution for endless terms in your case.

2 Likes

I will say farewell to the site if this happens

5 Likes

Nominate @econophile

18 Likes

Would you prefer I nominate you?

2 Likes

I’d be a mod under the condition that I will only do cleanup of obvious spam accounts ect. I would never ban or silence anyone during my term.

12 Likes

What if being banned is their kink?

9 Likes

Looks like we already have 4 official nominees @Yuv @Tilted @econophile @clovis8

Great to see so many people engaged in the process!

Only other condition would be I can access mod features on iOS as I only access the site via my iPad. Never a computer.

I can mod ok from my iPhone. Not as convenient, but doable.

1 Like

The only issue I have is that it’s a bit of a pain to extract into an existing topic. Doable though once you get the hang of it.