Moderator Nominations: 6 month term beginning 1/1/23

Link to the previous nomination thread:

5 mods were nominated and confirmed in June. One remains. Seems like we are overdue for a nomination thread and new mods

Per the new rules for establishing mods of this forum, anyone may post in this thread volunteering to serve a 6 month term as mod beginning roughly on 1/1/23 and ending on 7/1/23. Any volunteer post which receives at least 10 likes in this thread will be considered an official nomination that will move forward to a full forum vote. This thread will remain open for 3(ish) days.

Nominees from this thread will take the place of @Yuv on the mod team. Thanks for the great work Yuv!

Full rules listed below.

Nominations and Elections. Two weeks prior to each Rotation Date, a nomination thread will be created in the About Unstuck forum requesting volunteers to serve as a moderator. Anyone who volunteers in the thread and receives at least 10 likes to their post will be nominated. After the nomination thread has been open for 3 days, the nomination thread will be closed, and another thread will be posted in About Unstuck with an individual poll for each nominee, which will will remain open for 3 days. Any nominee who receives at least two-thirds approval will be added to the mod team immediately. This means they should be in place for roughly 1 week prior to the Rotation Date, and a moderator’s term will last approximately 6 months and 1 week. For the sake of clarity, if a moderator’s six-month term ends on a Rotation Date of July 1, then they would be eligible for nomination in the mod approval process that leads up to the next Rotation Date (September 1). This rule replaces and makes all prior rules regarding mod terms null and void.

3 Likes

I am volunteering to mod

10 Likes

We have enough mods

Mod terms are no longer a thing so anyone nominated and elected because of this thread would be a permanent addition and no one is being replaced.

But i did enjoy the fact that even though every moderator other than commonwealth has served longer than me, Mr Buktuuf was only interested in replacing a certain mod. Wink.gif

3 Likes

:vince:

5 Likes

beetlejuice for ModO’theMods

5 Likes

Lollll I had assumed you’d resigned and that is what prompted this.

gotta start off the campaign with a bang.

1 Like

Also what is your manifesto timbuktuuf? You’ve posted less than 200 times on the site and, I mean no offence as I respect lurkers, I’m not at all familiar with your posting. Given we already have so many mods, what will you add?

You’re the last surviving mod from your cohort whose terms would have ended at the end of this month.

Nice save

The forum voted for @Yuv, @Tilted, @econophile, @clovis8, and @anon29622970 to serve a 6 month term. If Yuv wishes to serve another term then the forum should vote on that

it appears than even though he was corrected, Mr Buktuuf is still only focused on one replacement. Intriguing

2 Likes

6 month terms are dead

Do you think the forum voted for sven to serve a 6-month term or a lifetime term

Until someone posts a new poll asking if mod terms should be limited to 6 months and receives 62% of the vote?

So you aren’t running for mod unless you get rid of Yuv in doing so?

mods is self explanatory. whats the masters nomination process?