About Moderation (old original thread)

Are those really the only 3 currently? For some reason I thought there was more.

I believe this point has been brought up many times, most recently 6 hours ago

and as early as a few weeks before Bidenā€™s inauguration

Interesting, because he was in the middle of sending me unsolicited trolling PMs. It literally was ā€˜I am trollingā€™

I cannot fathom how you could possibly write something like this in good faithā€¦ and now we have long set of documentation showing it never was in good faith.

Me too.

Victor was blatantly trolling the fidget thread with something of a hecklerā€™s veto, which he admitted to Trolly via PM, and which he gave Trolly explicit permission to report and share.

Even if you donā€™t buy that jal was tipped by fidget about the vote stuff, heā€™s the biggest bad faith shit stirrer on the forum who deserves it for his body of work.

Keeed was, in his own words, eager to get his haters mad by tearing up this forum after having been caught involved in a covert campaign to ruin it. Like, how blatant does the wolfing have to be?

2 Likes

1 Like

looool wat.

Easy there, shooter. I just let you back in.

1 Like

Stuff like this makes me think I could say the sky is blue and I know 4-5 people who would disagree on this site and they could convince another 2-3 they were arguing in good faith.

8 Likes

What the fuck, guys. Cassette just asked for an explanation about four bans. Everything is tense right now and I think asking for transparency is completely reasonable. Is it really so hard to let wookie respond without adding your two cents to the drama? How are we supposed to know Victor was PMing people without asking wookie like cassette just did?

Edit: in response to sky below, I assume that adding the edit was the only way he could respond to those posts given the four hour limit (and also why Iā€™m responding to you via an edit right now). If Iā€™d posted asking for transparency/clarification Iā€™d be annoyed at those responses too.

2 Likes

Asking for the explanation was fine, and it was given.

The ninja edit to add a personal attack? Not so fine.

Do you mind pointing out what post youā€™re referring to here?

2 Likes

Six people have been banned today and jmakin hasnā€™t?

jmakin abused his admin powers, said that he would not do it again, abused his admin powers again, posted multiple pmā€™s. Given that he can apparently alter logs and has lied about his actions as admin, how can we even know the extent of his behavior? He could have extracted personal information about every member.

What would the punishment be for anyone else who hacked pmā€™s and published them?

7 Likes

RFC to make them an admin.

3 Likes

We are getting a ton of new members today! Itā€™s really great to see the growth of the forum. Welcome @mtl2d! I hope you enjoy this vibrant loving community.

26 Likes

Hey sabo

My two cents

Victoars ban should be reversed. He was making good points yesterday and genuinely trying to help the community.

Jals ban should be permanent. He was the opposite. Itā€™s clear based on yesterday he wants to see this place burn. Thatā€™s all.

Rest temp bans seems ok.

If that is sabo the account should be snap perma banned. Every account within 100 km radius of his IP should be snap instant life banned. His posting a single letter here ever again should be snap instant life banned. Let him troll his own little world.

Jmakin needs to apologize and he subject to a ban as well. He knows he was wrong making the pm public. He should face some consequences.

1 Like

So I am a new member or a Sabo second account? Nice deflection to avoid holding jmakin accountable.

check my 2+2 and unstuck profiles.
I am member #721 on 2+2, joining six years before jmakin and seven years before missiledog.
I joined unstuck before jmakin or tilted.
Iā€™m not a second account like zarapochkas_ghost.

So I could be Sabo running a super clever long con, or:
This is the best political forum on the internet. Iā€™ve enjoyed lurking both for twenty years and never posting, but was motivated to post for the first time because for some reason, it appears no one wants to hold jmakin accountable for one of the most egregious mod/admin behaviors. Now when I pitch unstuck to potential new members, ā€œyeah its a great forum, but be aware that the admin might go rogue, read and post your pmā€™s, and do who knows what else. It has happened before.ā€

8 Likes

You ready?

(chronological order, some bold emphasis mine)

Again, you ready? Because this might sting, and it should sting, and Iā€™m actually complimenting you by thinking it will sting, because if it doesnā€™t that might really really illustrate the problem better than I couldā€™ve imagined.

Fwiw, ā€œfwiwā€ stands for ā€œfor what itā€™s worthā€ and for future reference, that info is worth quite a bit and should probably be stated up front in a discussion such as that.

2 Likes