Council of Captains Discussion Thread

Try to keep up with the thread

Cite or ban

Just because my avatar is a picture of someone yelling doesn’t mean I am.

Peace and love. I know it’s tough being on team miserable. But I’m sure you can find joy someday.

1 Like

Work this one through with me because this seems bizarre and/or kind of offensive, you’re bringing up George Floyd to say that George Floyd’s murder is like Sabo being (temp)permabanned for @'ing jmakin to say he’s having another mental breakdown, and I am the Qaren who’s all “whatabout zomg counterfeit bills” by saying that in a private thread Sabo was again taking mental health shots at jmakin?

Yeah, the first thing didn’t happen. If it happened, then it would have taken the form of a post with a link or a screenshot of somebody chastising Sabo in the private thread for his remark about J in the private thread.

About the second thing, I appreciate that it’s hard to keep track of things. In an exchange with vic about gaslighting what was posted in the private thread, I asked whether Sabo was chastised for yet another mental health related attack on jmakin. Vic said he wasn’t sure, but that others defended J at various times. In the context of making it clear that I’m not gaslighting anything, I wanted to get a clear answer about whether the specific thing of chastising Sabo for that remark ever happened in that thread, or if I missed it, that’s all this tangent is about.

Who needs the now-rehidden pm thread to prove or disprove trolling when you have the last hour of this thread. JFC

4 Likes

I guess the only good thing to a Trump 2024 win is everybody will have a focal point for their anger and the forum will come roaring back to life.

*Caveat: I still really don’t have much of an idea of what is going on here. I’ll just head back over to the covid and GOP sucks threads.

1 Like

Man, you’re really going this route? You think I’m a liar? First, I can’t screenshot anything because it’s been hidden. Second, even if I could, I’m not going to post private messages that people have asked to be deleted just to remind you of something you already read.

1 Like

I have no idea whether you’re a liar, maybe just a little bit sneaky. I skimmed the thread when I was invited to it, and then I read it once after it resurfaced here. If I’m misunderstanding some of the timing I’m sorry, but I assume you see how this can happen when there’s like a 9 day coup thing going on in private, while other people are in the dark. If the thread were still visible I wouldn’t post anything about this at all, I would just reread the Sabo attack part and refresh myself of its contents.

Just clarify this bit please, in the chronology of the thread itself, Sabo attacks J again over his mental health. After that post is made, does anybody say anything to Sabo about that post in that private thread?

People just said stuff like “Can people being @ed who aren’t invited see what we are posting about them? Because that would be awkward.” Yes there was some defense of some posters here and there as well.

No, it was universal, unthinking support for the leader of our tribe. I myself posted a gif of someone waving a foam finger.

4 Likes

Whatever man. If you think I’m a liar I’m done I guess.

2 Likes

Hey, you have that George Floyd analogy to explain, don’t be skipping!

Like, who even gives a shit? Do you think the people who started this thread are in favor of one-sided attacks by their tribe members against others being allowed while attacks by others get punished? Because it seems to me like that’s what they’re pissed about, not what they’re doing.

1 Like

So. Where is the good faith attempt to start that subforum?

^

You’re a highly intelligent person, so your response to that George Floyd analogy didn’t deserve a response.

If you must, clearly it’s an analogy to your focusing on some minor bullshit to avoid the fact that you’re in the wrong–you would say on the other side–about the shit that’s way more important-- inequitable distribution of punishments and treatment.

The purity test you are running is the same kind of bullshit people use to ignore all sorts of errors by those who have power by blaming those who don’t.

But, all of this was clear, and it was more fun for you to suggest I was suggesting Sabo’s permaban was on the level of George Floyd’s murder.

7 Likes

I actually disagree with this. I think it’s more people who enjoy owning the deplorables (or anything to the right of them) feel like that type of behavior is inherently wrong when directed at them. I hardly see any of this “owning the left”, it’s way more common the other way around (the “left” “owning” the “centrist/libs”, also literally none of those words are real). It wasn’t the point i was trying to make.

3 Likes

At the moment, I think you’re worse than a liar, but I didn’t say I thought that you were one only that I have no idea whether you are one. It is obviously possible I’m confused about the chronology of who said what when, you could remedy that confusion by answering one or two completely neutrally posed questions.

I already gave my testimony of events but you didn’t like it and asked for screenshots. Why you would even want testimony from scum like me I have no idea.

Yeah, I often make George Floyd analogies when somebody focuses on something minor when they believe they’re right about something more important, especially in a heated debate where people have different perspectives on what counts as minor and what doesn’t. I especially like do this when I grunch into an exchange between two people and mostly miss the point.