Council of Captains Discussion Thread

I already gave my testimony of events but you didn’t like it and asked for screenshots. Why you would even want testimony from scum like me I have no idea.

Yeah, I often make George Floyd analogies when somebody focuses on something minor when they believe they’re right about something more important, especially in a heated debate where people have different perspectives on what counts as minor and what doesn’t. I especially like do this when I grunch into an exchange between two people and mostly miss the point.

It might be both, but there have been a lot of derogatory posts over the last few months calling the left here naïve and dreamers etc for being anti-capitalism. It’s the main line of attack/abuse of them.

1 Like

Excellent job, you Council of Captains, you titans of trolling:

While you’re over here demanding nitty rehashing of exact words and number of posts on certain topics in the PM thread, you’ve failed to recognize that none of that shit even matters.

What matters is how it makes/made people feel. I guess not everyone learns this lesson in primary school?

And SP’s feelings weren’t due to the thread being made public. This was after he was invited in.

7 Likes

i_m_the_captain_now-DMID1-5jzi7371s-335x234

9 Likes

Two points.

First. This thread is now 10 days old, and there hasnt been a single RFC thread.

Two. If anyone actually wants change now. They should start the thread. Thats the only way out of this.

The poster driving this forward is on a sabbatical. It can wait.

Can I make a proposal.

All moderator discussion threads are locked for 48 hours.

None of this must be settled today, everyone has had their say, and tempers are at a boil.

I don’t see productive discussion for the next bit.

How about a 48 hour cooling off period?

• Cool it off for 48 hours
  • Let it rip

0 voters

This is a good idea.

2 Likes

Well to be fair, the original PM started 10 days ago but I don’t think that they had their ideas fully figured out 10 days ago. If I remember correctly, they were still in progress when jmakin prematurely started an RFC thread, which JT asked to pause on so he could write up a better OP.

But yes, I am in agreement with your second point. I just hope we haven’t lost so much of the community already that it’s a moot point.

1 Like

If you mean JT. Hasnt he posted multiple times in depth from another account recently?

He wanted to take a break but got sucked back into this thing by the PM leak.

There’s no urgency for this.

1 Like

It is but it won’t work out in practice, the bickering will just move to other threads like it always does.

4 Likes

I will turn off the tracking then. I only track 10-15 threads and they are the only ones generating new post. I will take 48 hours off unless someone personally brings me back in.

I’m not sure that is true. Why not try?

I’m all for trying it because these threads are just going to continue to breed animosity while they stay open. My timeline may be off a bit here but it seems like this esteemed Council was formed around the last time the moderation thread was throttled to one post every 4 hours so the attempt to chill things out then failed miserably, as have most previous attempts that weren’t just resolved by banning the feuding parties.

2 Likes

Agree 4 hours will do nothing. A couple days might, maybe, possibly could allow calmer heads to emerge.

Not reading over 400 new posts in this and the Fidget ban thread.

Did anything important happen recently?

Not much, SensiblePerson bowed out of becoming the next admin, hero oreo manning the ship, and maybe victoar is emerging as the favorite to be the next admin

1 Like

Everyone reconciled their differences and everything is great now.

12 Likes